Fraggles new 2.2i-dtec ex-gt - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th March 2012, 12:32 Thread Starter

Car: 2012 2.2 i-DTEC
Fraggles new 2.2i-dtec ex-gt

Hi folks,
All new to the forums here, so a quick hello to all first.......... I have now had my pearl black ex-gt 2.2i-dtec for 10 days, and overall I am very very happy. Great mileage, tidy performance, much much quieter than my original G8 EX 2.2, and a much nicer place to sit........ However I have already got problems with the vehicle..... see below.

1: Bluetooth within the ICE system worked for three days, and now no longer connects to any device at all. try deleting original device, and the entire system locks up, and can only be reset by switching off the ignition. Honda initially claimed that my phone was causing the issues,,,,,until 3 of their technicians tried pairing up, only to find that they couldnt. Honda claim it will require a whole new head unit.
2: Subwoofer in the boot has no output!!! Again, honda claim it was the way I had set up the system. Not sure how this could be the case.
3: Hill start asisst whilst in ECO mode. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it dont. Yet again, Honda blaming the driver for not knowing how to use the stop start technology properly. Seems a little odd to me given how easy the system is. put it in Neutral, and take yer foot off the clutch. Engine dies . Put foot on the clutch, and engage 1st, engine starts, and brakes are supposed to be applied to stop rolling....... but this only happens 10% of the time........

My biggest issue believe it or not, is not that of the actual issues with the car, but more the responses from the dealers!!! Being treated like you are stupid is not a nice way to treat someone who has just spent £27K on a brand new car!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th March 2012, 12:43
...............Daedalus

Car: CW Type R No. 460
Might be worth getting a second opinion from another Honda dealer.

Or phone up Honda UK, see if they can persuade your dealer to be a little more helpful.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th March 2012, 17:16
Supporter

Car: 2011 cts gt alabaster
always seems the same to me,cant do enough for you before you sign on the dotted line..............

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > User Reviews (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page