DSC05908.jpg DSC05914.jpg DSC05917.jpg
DSC05919.jpg DSC05924.jpg DSC05925.jpg
DSC05928.jpg DSC05932.jpg DSC05936.jpg
Picked it up today, it was ordered about 3 weeks ago. The British equivalent of the model type should be the ES-T I think.
I've done a short test trip to take the pictures, some things I've noticed:
- Very smooth ride. Silent, excellent handling, no wind noise on the highway.
- Now much more a business car than a spaceship. Don't get me wrong, i loved my 8th gen, but this one is a different class. You either like it or you don't.
- Mirrors + windows on remote
- Flip key (although I must remember to flip it in, otherwise it is quite big)
- Start/stop works as expected. It even helps when you stall the car, in the sense that you don't have to use the key to restart anymore. I'm probably going to use it at traffic lights only, because I find it hard to predict how long I'm going to be in one spot when stuck in traffic, and don't want to restart the car every 10 seconds.
- Reverse camera. Great for aligning into parking spaces.
- The SD nav automatically adds available radio stations, of which 6 are shown in the main radio area. I can't figure out how to change the order of the shortlist
Edit: press and hold switches the presets.
- I don't have the option to import a wallpaper. Should that be always available or only when a USB stick is attached? I've attached one with fat32, still no menu option.
- Don't have the option to activate satnav display on i-mid either.
- When using my iPhone as music source, I often accidentally switch source to usb (see next item). When I switch back to "ipod" source, I see the progress bar for an audio track moving, but no audio is heard. Only after replugging the iPhone, audio is heard again.
- The audio controls on the steering weel are annoying for the "iPod" source. Pressing left/right cursor once changes input source, while holding left/right changes track. I forget to hold, switch to usb input and my ipod audio source is gone
Edit: for some reason the usb source does have a more natural interface (1 click = next track, hold click = next album) so I guess I'll just use a usb stick instead of the iPhone.
- No more center glove compartment (or whatever that one is called). Didn't realize I was going to miss it
- Crucial i-mid screen settings can only be changed when not driving, have to choose beforhand whether you want to see fuel economy or range, can't do both. Idiotic.
I'll keep adding to this post when I have more info. I've asked the dealer about the missing options, he's looking into it.