Some Impressions - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 15th June 2012, 14:34 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 08 2.2 ES CIV&09 2.2 EX CRV
Some Impressions

Have now spent a bit of time around the 9th gen in the show room and a short test drive. I really want to like the car and wanted the car an ideal replacement for my ctdi but Im not convinced. This will I know appear as a list of negatives but I guess thats the way I look at cars especially when trying to look at suitable alternatives to the 8th gen. The first thing that strikes me is that it feels dark in the cabin. The second is that the driver is more squashed up to the windscreen, no doubt due to the lower roof, I have to say I'm not keen on the sensation, I think that those who are tall or with long legs are going to struggle with this car. In terms of getting into and out of the back seats, this does appear to be easier and requires less contortion to avoid bumping your head. The boot aperture is quite a bit smaller and also the cill is heigher making it more awkward especially if you use it for a dog. The rear wiper takes up rear windscreen estate and is a bit of a pointless addition. And I cant really be doing with shark fin antennas clagged on to the roof.

The interior does have a more quality sensation to it but be warned I don't think dash rattles and squeaks are a thing of the past with the new model, I could hear one on the 4k test car. Overall Id say at the moment that the interior is not quite as pleasant a place to be when compared to the 8th gen and It loses a very small amount of its practicality in terms of carting stuff around.

As far as the drive is concerned it is certainly more refined and quiet on the road but I dont think the extra Dtec horsepower is very noticable and is most likely dissipated in propelling extra weight around. I cant really comment on handling as I havent had the opportunity to thrash it. The IMID computer is a pig to use from my short trials with it and is quite off putting when compared to the 8th gen.

As far as exterior aesthetics are concerned I know people will make their own minds up.........but that shark fin........come on.....it'd have to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 16th June 2012, 17:37
Supporter

Car: 2009 2.2 EX GT Milano Red
mmmm, sounds as though one of the last 8th gens would make an ideal car for you.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 17th June 2012, 17:03 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 08 2.2 ES CIV&09 2.2 EX CRV
Yea, am having a look around at whats available, not that I really need to change now.......except the bloody clutch threat is making me have a peek.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 17th June 2012, 23:34
Supporter

Car: 2012 1.8i Ex Navi Leather MR
Totally agree on your sharkfin antenna point, they are just dreadful, (regardless of what car they sits on) so is the rear wiper, and the rest of the rear end as well!
In fact I think the whole car is completely messed up exterior wise. I'm not gonna buy one, no matter how much the handling and refinement has improved over the 8th. gen. (and I have test driven one) Sorry Honda, you lost one potential buyer of the new Civic with this one!

Last edited by amronno; 18th June 2012 at 10:25.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 13th July 2012, 21:26

i had a 2.2 es today while my car was getting serviced. the ride is deffo better, but i could still feel the knocks and bumps, the car had 4k and 16"'s on so you know it will only get worse. quite quiet to but not fantastic. did'nt like the interior, computer was a pain and the dash, i can see some improvements but the wheel is huge thick and feels 'tacky'. forgot it has a diff diesel (more power?) engine as it was tight and dull but again only 4k on it. Reverse camera was nice. over all it was a meh. i wont go into the styling, only as far to say, must of come form the same designer that brought us the 3 car crash that is the nissan juke.
it was the center of attention tho, at the Alpha garage as i took a 170bhp derv Guilietta for a 1 hr rag in which after 5 mins the DNA system packed in and while we were busy playing with the button i ran a red and pulled up next to a police car. the guilietta was still a better car by miles.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 18th July 2012, 10:24
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by connersolo View Post
i had a 2.2 es today while my car was getting serviced. the ride is deffo better, but i could still feel the knocks and bumps, the car had 4k and 16"'s on so you know it will only get worse. quite quiet to but not fantastic. did'nt like the interior, computer was a pain and the dash, i can see some improvements but the wheel is huge thick and feels 'tacky'. forgot it has a diff diesel (more power?) engine as it was tight and dull but again only 4k on it. Reverse camera was nice. over all it was a meh. i wont go into the styling, only as far to say, must of come form the same designer that brought us the 3 car crash that is the nissan juke.
it was the center of attention tho, at the Alpha garage as i took a 170bhp derv Guilietta for a 1 hr rag in which after 5 mins the DNA system packed in and while we were busy playing with the button i ran a red and pulled up next to a police car. the guilietta was still a better car by miles.

Well at least you know where the Alpha garage is for when you take it back to fixed, again and again and again.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > User Reviews (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page