My 1.8 Sport white - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 6th October 2012, 22:00 Thread Starter
Driving on bad roads

Car: 2107 1.5 Sport
Garage
My 1.8 Sport white

First Impressions:
For the design I will not comment it is quite long and controversial matter of taste, only two things: on this car only goes white and red ; in flesh it is much better than the pictures.
Exterior: Lost 8-th gen spaceship look ;trunk is larger but higher freight edge. The materials inside are 2-3 classes better than eighth. Front seats are comfortable with good side support . NO car cigarette lighter and ashtray, probably then I will stop smoking in the car; steering wheel is easy to handle and ugly. The glove box is half the size.The coolest area above the gear stick which kept my cigarettes and chewing gum. Sport modification have space saver tire .
Gadgets and Electronics: The music sounds much better than stock on the 8th. A connection of USB and AUX. Inside the cabin there are already 2 socket for 12 volts. All four windows are automatic. With remote you can fold mirrors and open/ close the windows . There is a standard rear view camera. Reception of radio is absolutely excellent, unlike the 8-th gen in which the antenna was hooked on the rear window heater it is now like BMW and it works perfectly. There is a rear window wiper (who was driving 8th knows that this is an advantage). There are DRL and you can leave the lights permanently on auto depending on the light, in the eighth gen automatic headlights had become meaningless with the local law. Start-stop system that works well for me , I thought it would turned off first.
Noises and Suspension : The car is noiseless as or better than the Accord 8th generation ; chassis is a big move and settings in which ride is equivalent to that of the new A4 (sorry for comparison, but I drove 5 - 6000 km in one last year ). Stability - from my test drive I pulled the conclusion that this was a compromise at the expense of comfort, but here the ninth gen present perfect - the car is more stable cornering than the eighth gen with the stock suspension. steering wheel is a compromise - non-informative .
Taking aside the ECON mode, the car is smoother with longer gears.The car accelerates almost as eighth gen (that is not a fast car), The eighth alone made ​​me take her to rev, but 9-th somehow does not rise to the handle.
MPG: Sofia - Kostenets - Sofia 130 km trip : on the highway 120-150 km/h, 60-90 km/h off the highway and several fast curves between Momin passage and Kostenets - 6.7 l / 100 km, ECON off.
Overall : 130 kilometers today - car is just a different class, but has lost the sense of something sportier, which 8-th gen gave with this sweet jumping in corners. The feeling inside is like a limousine. Gadgets are cool. Unlike 8th MPG does not depend so much on how my right foot is forward, and is generally more economical. I personally like the white one 9-th gen more than 8-th gen five door, here is a question of taste.
Adding presence in the family of three month old baby, this car covers my needs at the time. Behavior of the car reminds me of the 8th sedan that a friend took when I got mine and I drove it to Sofia from Ribaritsa , Of course fit and materials inside here are very good.
PS today a man on parking lot came and asked me is this the new Honda Civic and then scolded me that there is no 3 door .... I looked at him and I put my baby's stroller in the trunk

Last edited by martin_1.8; 6th October 2012 at 22:13.
Thank You to martin_1.8 from 3 Users:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 8th October 2012, 15:47

Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase. I also have a white 1.8 but it is an SE equivalent which misses out on the better sound system, folding mirrors, reverse camera etc. I totally agree with your first impressions having come from a civic 8g sedan and then briefly an 8g accord. You will notice the 9g civic glovebox is not cooled anymore....

Also , another positive change is the small lower back window, plastic on the 8g and glass on the 9g. That means you can get it tinted (which you couldnt previously).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th October 2012, 12:56 Thread Starter
Driving on bad roads
** Thread starter **

Car: 2107 1.5 Sport
Garage
photos

A few pics of my car

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th October 2012, 12:57
Administrator

Car: Jaguar F Type V6S
Thanked 4,051 Times in 3,478 Posts
Looking very nice mate
Thanks to wanner69 from:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th February 2013, 18:56

Car: 2009 1.8 I-VTEC Galaxy Grey
Eco display Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_1.8 View Post
the car is more stable cornering than the eighth gen with the stock suspension. steering wheel is a compromise - non-informative .
Taking aside the ECON mode, the car is smoother with longer gears.The car accelerates almost as eighth gen (that is not a fast car), The eighth alone made ​​me take her to rev, but 9-th somehow does not rise to the handle.
Exactly my thoughts on performance, the 8th is more fun to drive. But in every other cases, just cruising around, the 9th is so much better...

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > User Reviews (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page