12 month update.
1) No additional squeaks or rattles (apart from the initial minor headliner squeak).
2) From new the car had a somewhat nervous feeling when braking hard on the motorway or at high speed. This was rectified by a wheel alignment.
Mods so far:
OEM footwell lights
OEM illuminated door sill
Upgraded OEM door speakers
AutoDAB / Honda OEM digital radio kit (Coming soon).
1) The gap between the front seats and centre console is very narrow. Once a coin drops into the gap it is very difficult to retrieve. Vacuuming that section is almost impossible, even with a crevice tool. Indeed I have ordered some new seat bolts for the passenger seat. I need to remove the seat as I know a coin has dropped down there and lodged under the seat rail.
2) Wipers are now starting to smear and haze after each pass of the wiper. Unable to fix with windscreen additives.
3) new model 9G had a significant price reduction and got extra features in base model- cruise control, iMid bluetooth, tweeter, reverse camera, undertray in boot.
. Never buy the first series of any car.
1) Best build quality (by far) of any car I've owned.
2) 9Gs are very popular now
3) DRLs provide safety as you are seen by others