(Stone) chips with everything! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th December 2007, 10:22 Thread Starter
Supporter

Talking (Stone) chips with everything!

My car is one month old today! I thought I would write a small revew of my Honda experience so far.
The first view of my gleaming Milano Red Type S was fantastic! After wanting this car for so long, it was like Christmas as a kid when I got the keys. Defnately this (for me) is the best colour.
Noticed a bit of a whine as I floored the accelerator, but the guys on the Forum put my fears to rest about that. The acceleration is great, I find it a lot better than the petrol 1.8. A lot more relaxing to drive.
As part of my desire to build my perfect Civic, I wanted to install the Type R grille. Not to make it a "look-a-like", just because I really like the styling of it. I Paid Kendal Honda the money to order one and fit it, and they charged me 150 quid!! Spot on. I thought - Until they told me they had only ordered half of it. They needed to order the fitting harness.
Anyway, about a week after I picked up the car, it went in to get it fitted. The result was awesome. Looked the biz.
The next day I was washing the car, and I noticed that the near side wheel arch moulding was coming off! They hadn`t put the clips back in tight enough. I checked around the off side, and the wheel arch clips were broken. Must`ve been as they forced the plastic trim back together. Also, the under side of the front plastic skirt was scuffed and scratched.
Totally P****d off I rang them up and got the car booked back in.
They admitted the broken wheel arch moulding was their fault, but refused to do anything about the sctraches, saying that it wasn`t them. My word against theirs. They have agreed to give me a good deal on fittting a rear spoiler, (Guilt?) which is getting fitted next week. Hope they don`t F**k that up as well.
Then the first of many stone chips - I can`t believe how this car picks these up. It seems that every time I go out it gets them. It must be down to the wedge shape, but bloody hell!!
OIl usage is : I`ve had to put half a litre of oil into the spaceship, (done just over a thousand miles). A small price to pay for a lovely, torquey motor.
Apart from the dealer sourced glitches, overall it has been a brilliant first month. The car is fantastic. I`m over the moon with it. My plan is to get it chipped by Superchips in Lancaster (anybody been to them?) And I`m debating on getting some 18" alloys: Altimos, or Blades, maybe. But Chipping first,(Hopefully not the stone type!), possibly after 5000 miles.
By the way - Fantastic Forum, Guys; I`ve fitted my sticker; Didn`t have to rub it too much after all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th December 2007, 21:38
Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to HumberMart
Good review s'head.

I had the perfect opportunity to have a TR grill fitted 'for free', when my original one was kindly damaged by a hit and run. But I'm not so sure the TR grill is as effective on the NHB ones.

Funnily enough my bumper has now sprung its clips at the near side wheel arch, and will need to go back. Maybe they also broke clips when refitting after the repair.

I can certainly recommend the Celtic remap. It's early days (just done today) but the car feels loads better.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th December 2007, 22:03
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splodgehead View Post
My car is one month old today! I thought I would write a small revew of my Honda experience so far.
The first view of my gleaming Milano Red Type S was fantastic! After wanting this car for so long, it was like Christmas as a kid when I got the keys. Defnately this (for me) is the best colour.
Noticed a bit of a whine as I floored the accelerator, but the guys on the Forum put my fears to rest about that. The acceleration is great, I find it a lot better than the petrol 1.8. A lot more relaxing to drive.
As part of my desire to build my perfect Civic, I wanted to install the Type R grille. Not to make it a "look-a-like", just because I really like the styling of it. I Paid Kendal Honda the money to order one and fit it, and they charged me 150 quid!! Spot on. I thought - Until they told me they had only ordered half of it. They needed to order the fitting harness.
Anyway, about a week after I picked up the car, it went in to get it fitted. The result was awesome. Looked the biz.
The next day I was washing the car, and I noticed that the near side wheel arch moulding was coming off! They hadn`t put the clips back in tight enough. I checked around the off side, and the wheel arch clips were broken. Must`ve been as they forced the plastic trim back together. Also, the under side of the front plastic skirt was scuffed and scratched.
Totally P****d off I rang them up and got the car booked back in.
They admitted the broken wheel arch moulding was their fault, but refused to do anything about the sctraches, saying that it wasn`t them. My word against theirs. They have agreed to give me a good deal on fittting a rear spoiler, (Guilt?) which is getting fitted next week. Hope they don`t F**k that up as well.
Then the first of many stone chips - I can`t believe how this car picks these up. It seems that every time I go out it gets them. It must be down to the wedge shape, but bloody hell!!
OIl usage is : I`ve had to put half a litre of oil into the spaceship, (done just over a thousand miles). A small price to pay for a lovely, torquey motor.
Apart from the dealer sourced glitches, overall it has been a brilliant first month. The car is fantastic. I`m over the moon with it. My plan is to get it chipped by Superchips in Lancaster (anybody been to them?) And I`m debating on getting some 18" alloys: Altimos, or Blades, maybe. But Chipping first,(Hopefully not the stone type!), possibly after 5000 miles.
By the way - Fantastic Forum, Guys; I`ve fitted my sticker; Didn`t have to rub it too much after all!!
1. I agree with the Grill. It does look better.
Here is mine: ...The avatar!!

2. My dealer broke my boot liner fitting the rear parking sensors!! It took them a month to fix it!! (Parts availability and incompetant service dept.)

3. I have 'masked' my stone chips with a red Turtle Wax Chip stick with very good results and given it 3 coats of Collinite Wax. It appears to have helped in reducing them. Could be the placebo effect though!

4. Celtic Tuning do a great remap BTW!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th December 2007, 22:48
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
If it were me I'd stick to my guns with the dealer. If my car wasn't in exactly the same condition when I collected it as when I dropped it off, I wouldn't drive it away. I would kick up such a fuss it would be in their best interests to admit to damaging it. Too often for my liking dealers don't give a toss about peoples cars when they are in thier possession, and it really p***es me off. I'm sure you guys agree with me, you obviously like your cars as much as me????

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page