One year old, 25000 miles up and... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st May 2008, 08:09 Thread Starter

One year old, 25000 miles up and...

My NHB Diesel ES is now just about a year old and has just passed the 25000 mile barrier. Madness I know but that's the working life I lead. At a guess about two-thirds of the mileage has been on motorways or dual carriageways so the car is pretty much in its element.

So, how's it been?

First of all NOTHING has gone wrong.

Second, it's been amazingly cheap to run, having burnt 2216 litres of fuel in the year - that's just over 488 gallons making fuel consumption of 51.2 mpg. The "B" trip has never been reset and shows 50.3 so the computer is under-reading a tad. Front tyres have about 3000 miles left in them before I'll replace them at 3mm.

Third, the dealer (August Motors in Salisbury) has been totally professional and helpful throughout.

Gripes? It should have had a spare wheel, the radio is a bit low rent and Mrs Fergus wishes the passenger seat had height adjustment.

Would I have another? Without a doubt but even at the mileage I cover the economics of petrol vs diesel may sway me back to petrol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st May 2008, 08:47

Very helpful report, Fergus. My 2.2SE is nearly two weeks old, but like you, I intend doing about 25000 per year in it, also about two-thirds on motorways/dual carriageways. I have no obvious problems yet so I hope it continues like that.

With over 900 miles already on it, today I have managed to get over 45mpg on a 30 mile trip to work, travelling at around 77-80 mph on the motorways and averaging 66 mph on the whole trip. Last night I kept the speed down to below 75 and achieved 47mpg. This is much better than this time last week when I was struggling to get over 40mpg! I think it's loosening up and also I am adapting my driving style to what best suits the car so I can onyl assume the mileage will continue to improve.

As far as the petrol v diesel thing goes, I'm still very much for diesel however even at 25000 mile per yr, it does seem that the price difference makes it harder to warrant having diesel even with the vastly better mileage.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st May 2008, 22:24
Foglight Covers FORSALE

how are your back tyres on the inside edge? mine and lots of others on here seam to be wearing on the inside, not much, but they are wearing.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 1st June 2008, 07:21 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Pretty good by the looks of things, the backs are about half worn all the way across.

The other thing I forgot to add to my original post is oil consumption - about half a litre added at 19000 miles.

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page