Another Night Hawk Black Just Landed:! My Review - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 20th October 2006, 01:41 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2015 1.6 civic tourer sr
Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
Cool Another Night Hawk Black Just Landed:! My Review

Yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
The dealer final got my car to land yesterday
On the whole farly happy with it, pitty about the badly kerbed alloy and the missing studio pack but so far, the funs just flying long
Few bits ive found thats not as i hoped (may be just me but any help would be super )
The hft dont like my samsung d500 much keeps doing weard thing on it like when i try to end a call the phone says not allowed and i have to end the call myself, when i want to dial a number it take 2-3 atampts to get thought the phone just dial then nearly stright away hang up.
Also when it dark outside and u turn the key off everything goes dark and you cant see anything so u either look for the light switch or open the door, not like my 307 were u turn the key off the custory light comes on so u can find your stuff , the door handel etc u get the idea , it was raining so i found the light switch in the end got mt stuff in my hand and got out the car and unlike the 307 when i lock the doors the light must have stayed on because 1-2 hours later i went out to walk the dog and there was this faint light on in the car and it was the custory light i had put on was not impressed , good way to flaten battery ,why dont it turn off when you lock the car ? you dont need it on when outside the car. Anyone had trouble getting sat singals for speed camer detectors?
ive seen some here , my problem is ive tryed 2 diffent makes and both take ages or fail to get signal anywere on dash, anyone got detctor with laser sensors in it , put it next to sat nav screen when its on it goes loopy
laser alerts ,camera alerts etc but only when its right next to screen bit strange , but apart from these so far and being annoyed everytime i look in the rear view mirror and see that spolier there i think yer thats really spoiled a good rear window , why did u do it honda ?????????? wiperless rear i could have learned to accept but puting the spoiler there is just daft .

So my review so far ends like this .
front and side looks very good
rear looks ok would be lot better if they droped or raised spoiler off the window. Room inside super had two 6 footers in back and they were supriseded how much head leg room etc. Boot space is super best i have seen on simar size car. The looks inside very nice even better with studio pack. The drive is very good , nice smouth ride not easy knocked off couses by crap road , seems to corner well (will try it out on roads to work at the weekend but so far very good ) maybe slightly over powerd steering but makes for easy low speed movements, mirrors very good can see well out of them just need to know what behind me .
And on to the best bit the motor and gearbox WOW! does it shift or what any gear any revs u put your foot down and it goes like poo of a shovel, its the first 6 speeder ive driven so rembering and finding 6th can be hard at times but im sure ill get the hang of it, very nice posative gear box and sweet change , clutch ok fells better than the jelly of the 307 let hope it lastes longer also very impressed by the fit and finish of the car, best doors ive have used in a long while so easy to open and close. Unlike the pug the dask plastics fit well and couldnt hear any rattles or sweaks, how long it will stay quiet i dont know hopfuly a long time, so im not making a sweak list .The technolgy sime good really like the sat nav pitty the poi issuse , i could find lots of poi but not as many as there really is like the nearist tesco, lloydstsb , over 100 miles of the tsb and 80 miles for the tesco or 3 and 5-6 miles in real life . I was pleasently suprised by the audio systems good sound I thought because lots of u said it was crap, I was in for some crap sounding dance music but me and my 3 friends tested about 25-30 cds of diffent music and couldnt fault it really. (im not into very heary dance or lourd bass pounding music just normal level pop dance etc ) Another super job is done by the headlights in the dark they spread a good distance and wide angel of vison, good in front of the car , but as said before they come on to early when it gets dark and coming on when u turn to postion 2 is annoying but liveable. I think thats about it or all i can think of (is there anyone still awake after reading this long post sorry.
I give the civic after 36 hours of ownership a 8 out of 10 i think . good effort but could have done better. Let hope after 36 months i still say 8 or better
(silly spolier and non painted wheel arch covers and the way honda's done some good touch then let the side down to save a few for not much more i think we could have been alot more happyer if they had gone all the rest of the extra mile not just the extra 950 meters ie mp3 socket key less start better sat nav maybe even a dvd drive that could play movies and a few other bits pepole have mensioned before, I dont know about you but I would have paid another 1-2k for a totaly super car that the civic could have been, would u ???)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 20th October 2006, 07:02
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Hey IWANTACIVIC.
Congrats on finally getting your car. How about changing that username now that you have it?

The light inside your car should have three different settings. On and off, and then in the middle of these two(?) is one which works just like your trusty 307. Light on when you turn the ignition off and light off as you lock the doors.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 20th October 2006, 07:09

Send a message via MSN to Andrea Send a message via Yahoo to Andrea
yep you can do it, my light comes on when the engine is turned off XXX

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 20th October 2006, 16:14
Supporter

Good review - enjoy your new car. It gets better with each drive. Had mine since April and I'm still looking forward to each drive!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 20th October 2006, 17:52
Supporter

Pleased you've finally got your car. You seem to have been posting for ages and waiting for ever! Happy driving!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 20th October 2006, 18:21
Supporter

Car: 2016 HR-V EX-Nav 1.6D
Yes, good write up.

Now does your name change from 'IWANTACIVIC' to 'IGOTACIVIC' ?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 21st October 2006, 00:55
Super Moderator

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
nice write up

re the gps signal - yes

The place I got mine to work best was stuck to the back of the rear view mirror - wire then goes up next to the plastic covering the stuff for rain / light sensor and into the roof lining

And - glad it's finally arrived!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 21st October 2006, 03:48 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
Thank to everyone that kept me sane the long weeks of waiting , i was going to buy a new civic but was quote 3-4 months !!!! so i thoght sod that ill get a nearly new one ,are they that popoular or is it honda beening slow making them a friend of mine only waited 16 days for a new focus , most pepole ive asked have wait 1-3 weeks , but like some on here they have been waiting upto 6 months for civics , that not fair i think . Yer found key out light it the button near the map lights not the rear switchs , ill test it but i think u can still leave the map lights on after locking unlike the not so trusty 307 . only place i can get gps is in between tax disc and air vents the nearer the sat nav i put it the worse it get and above it screen were it was on 307 and good place for it i thought all i get is laser alert all the time so there some interferaces coming from some were in the middle of dash ,thats what is messing radios up maybe ? all civic have the side screens right ? simes to do with that and big one on mine so it must be something to do with small screen maybe the wiring not shelided or suppresed propoly ? ps were you powering your gps from TT,the fuse box ? U got any pic of your gps mounted TT . Also anyone know how i can get my name changed ? im WOLF on other forums. thanks

Last edited by IWANTACIVIC; 21st October 2006 at 03:52.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 21st October 2006, 12:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANTACIVIC View Post
Thank to everyone that kept me sane the long weeks of waiting , i was going to buy a new civic but was quote 3-4 months !!!! so i thoght sod that ill get a nearly new one ,are they that popoular or is it honda beening slow making them a friend of mine only waited 16 days for a new focus , most pepole ive asked have wait 1-3 weeks , but like some on here they have been waiting upto 6 months for civics , that not fair i think . Yer found key out light it the button near the map lights not the rear switchs , ill test it but i think u can still leave the map lights on after locking unlike the not so trusty 307 . only place i can get gps is in between tax disc and air vents the nearer the sat nav i put it the worse it get and above it screen were it was on 307 and good place for it i thought all i get is laser alert all the time so there some interferaces coming from some were in the middle of dash ,thats what is messing radios up maybe ? all civic have the side screens right ? simes to do with that and big one on mine so it must be something to do with small screen maybe the wiring not shelided or suppresed propoly ? ps were you powering your gps from TT,the fuse box ? U got any pic of your gps mounted TT . Also anyone know how i can get my name changed ? im WOLF on other forums. thanks
Does anyone else find this hard to read? All the typos, spelling, etc.
Try slowing down and reading what you have written before you post it!
Otherwise quite an 'honest' review.

Ian
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 21st October 2006, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky View Post

Ian

Semes KO ot me.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 21st October 2006, 21:35
Supporter

Hi IWANTACIVIC, did a quick search on FAQ re:wanting to change your user name and found the following:

"It is your responsibility to keep the information in your profile up-to-date. You should especially ensure that your email address is kept current. You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so."

I would ask Pottsy very nicely if I was you..... think you have got a good reason now that you have your car! Wolf in Nighthawk Black Sheep's Clothing?!!!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2006, 08:40
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky View Post

Ian
Ahem,
Yes it can be a bit hard to read but it gets easier the more you read. And then again, there are some foreigners here that are about at Babelfish's level of getting their message through. Some of us just aren't able to, that's all.

And besides,
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19678
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2006, 17:46
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,772 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycat View Post
Good pertinent spot!

The reason that username changes are not allowed on forums, is that it makes a complete mess of all the data on the forum. All existing posts that refer to a user will not make sense, and it makes threads impossible to follow.

I'd consider getting rid of the ALLCAPS though...
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2006, 21:16
Supporter

Pottsy, on many forums for Admin it's easy to change username.. and it doesn't mess up any data.
I do agree it shouldn't be done on regular basis tho
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th October 2006, 00:25
Super Moderator

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANTACIVIC View Post
ps were you powering your gps from TT,the fuse box ? U got any pic of your gps mounted TT .
Hi IWANT (or IGOT...)

my snooper is indeed powered from the fuse box, using the age old (and slightly dodgy) method of pulling out a fuse that has power when you want it (ignition off, position1 or position2).
Using a multimeter, I worked out which side of the fuse was live vs fused.

Stuck the power wire from the snooper into the fused side, and jammed the fuse back in

GPS then takes it's power directly from the Snooper HU

Haven't got round to taking a proper pic of it yet sorry
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 28th October 2006, 04:29 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
No problem TT I was just thinking how would be the best way to power my gps. I think ill do like i did in my 307 extened the wire hide it around the dash and use a muti power plug . If i do any fuse wiring it will be to the map lites to make them go off with the key. ps Has anyone or have u TT used one of then extranal areials with good results on the civic? I have one going spare and wounderd if i can impove the singal without putting outside or anywere to noticeable?
PPS if its easy to change my name would be cool if not im happy with this one
Sorry about spelling and grammer everyone its not my best subject im more of a talker

Last edited by IWANTACIVIC; 28th October 2006 at 04:32.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 28th October 2006, 21:06
12th June 2006 1.8EX

iwant - spelling isn't a problem, at least everything you post is civic related
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 29th October 2006, 04:26 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Thanks woolyciv , everyone, as you can see alot of my post are edited because im trying to proof read them , but if miss something ill edit it to make it better. thanks for putting up with me i hope to help some of you out someday

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page