review of my new Civic - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 29th October 2006, 21:31 Thread Starter

review of my new Civic

Hi all
Just come back from my trip down to Bristol and for what its worth here are my thoughts on my Civic EX.

I moved from an Alfa 147 to the Civic and must say that so far I am very pleased with my switch. I picked up the car 2 weeks ago from Lindhills in Southend and was very impressed with the build quality and the condition of the car.

So what about the car? Its about the same size as the 147 but feels bigger due to the layout and height of the cabin. I am very impressed about how it drives and canít wait until I have put a few more miles on the clock so that I can open it up a bit. I like the sound of the engine (that was probably the best thing about the 147ís engine so its quite some achievement to get close to matching it) and also the directness of the steering. Had quite a bit of fun chucking it around some country lanes today once I got past all the Ďcountry codgersí driving around Somerset and Dorset.

I think the Satnav is pretty good, although it couldnít find the Clifton Suspension Bridge today!! It seems to work better out in the countryside than in towns (nearly got lost in Bristol by following the given route!!) but overall its better than nothing. The HFT again is only Ok, tested it out the other day and apparently was clear as a bell but used it again this weekend and it sounded like I was the other end of a barn. I must check the mike as suggested on this site and do the fix if necessary.

Dislikes!! Auto headlights a bit of a gimmick. They come on when I put the car in the garage and then are obviously on when I go to start the car again which Iím sure canít be good for the battery, so I have turned them off. I find the driverís seat a bit on the firm side, especially the lumber support which doesnít seem to be adjustable!

Likes!! Dashboard, it really is fantastic and everyone who sees it loves it. Steering wheel has a nice feel to it. Boot is huge. Auto wipers work very well. Start button. Gear lever (although the gear box is a bit notchy when cold). Everything else!!!

Overall, very pleased with the switch and Iím sure my experience will continue to get better over the next few years.

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page