Philips Diamondvision - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 14th January 2009, 08:33 Thread Starter
Supporter

Philips Diamondvision

This is my review of the diamond vision bulbs H7 the pictures ive borrowed from the group buy thred.
Going from previously purchased Osram Nightbreakers to the DV's i didnt think i would notice much of a difference , how wrong i was the DV's are in a different league entirely, the nightvision bulbs were a step up from the Honda ''yellowvision'' fitted as standard and produced a nice bright white light ,but only lasted 10 months before one went pop,so an urgent phone call was made to Janet @ Auto-lamps online , i placed my order paid via paypal but the bulbs were not in stock so i was left stranded with one dipped beam headlight , this didnt last long as later that afternoon i recived a telephone call from Janet saying they had some test bulbs in stock and they would post me a pair F.O.C , now thats what i call service , early next morning there was a knock at the door and the spare bulbs had arrived , having fitted the nightvision bulbs i knew it was going to be a pig of a job but atleast i had done it once so knew what to do.
The spare bulbs looked like a standard set of bluevision but were just as bright as the nightvision with a blue tinge.
I did'nt have to wait long for my DV's to arrive and fitted them within 10 mins of them being delivered all i had to do now was wait for it to go dark to see the difference and boy what a difference , this was proven when i went to collect the missus from work and she said as she got in the car ''have you got full beam on '' only on my face i replied , these bulbs are HID bright and well worth every penny even at the new prices.
As for them being legal is another matter that has been part resolved by a frind at a local M.O.T testing station who said they were fine and without actualy removing the bulbs to check for an EC marking they wouldnt know the difference as there is so many aftermarket bulbs now.
In conclusion i feel that the difference is vast and far safer than standard bulbs as the vision is far better. here's the pics

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/lights/...tml#post223241
Thank You to ITSRICKSCIVIC from 2 Users:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 14th January 2009, 10:15

I know i got them and i was like wow ive got hid's
Lol
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 14th January 2009, 18:43
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSRICKSCIVIC View Post
This is my review of the diamond vision bulbs H7 the pictures ive borrowed from the group buy thred.
Going from previously purchased Osram Nightbreakers to the DV's i didnt think i would notice much of a difference , how wrong i was the DV's are in a different league entirely, the nightvision bulbs were a step up from the Honda ''yellowvision'' fitted as standard and produced a nice bright white light ,but only lasted 10 months before one went pop,so an urgent phone call was made to Janet @ Auto-lamps online , i placed my order paid via paypal but the bulbs were not in stock so i was left stranded with one dipped beam headlight , this didnt last long as later that afternoon i recived a telephone call from Janet saying they had some test bulbs in stock and they would post me a pair F.O.C , now thats what i call service , early next morning there was a knock at the door and the spare bulbs had arrived , having fitted the nightvision bulbs i knew it was going to be a pig of a job but atleast i had done it once so knew what to do.
The spare bulbs looked like a standard set of bluevision but were just as bright as the nightvision with a blue tinge.
I did'nt have to wait long for my DV's to arrive and fitted them within 10 mins of them being delivered all i had to do now was wait for it to go dark to see the difference and boy what a difference , this was proven when i went to collect the missus from work and she said as she got in the car ''have you got full beam on '' only on my face i replied , these bulbs are HID bright and well worth every penny even at the new prices.
As for them being legal is another matter that has been part resolved by a frind at a local M.O.T testing station who said they were fine and without actualy removing the bulbs to check for an EC marking they wouldnt know the difference as there is so many aftermarket bulbs now.
In conclusion i feel that the difference is vast and far safer than standard bulbs as the vision is far better. here's the pics

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/lights/...tml#post223241
Thanks for the review Ric

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 14th January 2009, 18:55
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier

Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,328 Posts
Well done rick, I like you, feel the police should be more concerned with real crime, they are the best HID look bulbs money can buy.

Congratulations on joining the DV club

Secondly, it takes 2 minutes to swap them out at MOT time, not that they would notice as you point out.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 14th January 2009, 19:06
You're or your..........

Car: 630i
Best bulbs Ever
Thanks JP
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th January 2009, 15:39

Car: 2008 1.8 Sport 5 door, NHB
thanks for the review.. guess IŽll give them a second thought..
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 7th February 2009, 12:45

Have the diamondvisions UV- protection? Because with these settings of 5.000K, there might be a problem...And nobody of us want a blue-white light behind a yellow plastic glass...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 7th February 2009, 13:20
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
Yes they have UV protection:
a u t o l a m p s - o n l i n e
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 17th November 2012, 21:35
Supporter

Car: Milano Red FN2 GT
Are these bulbs that good?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th November 2012, 10:48
Tormented by Mods

Car: 2010 1.5 CR-Z CBP Sport
I so want these but looks like have to stick to nightbreakers as the police have nothing better to do round where i live
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th November 2012, 09:25
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSRICKSCIVIC View Post
Going from previously purchased Osram Nightbreakers to the DV's i didnt think i would notice much of a difference , how wrong i was the DV's are in a different league entirely, the nightvision bulbs were a step up from the Honda ''yellowvision'' fitted as standard and produced a nice bright white light ,but only lasted 10 months before one went pop
That's interesting because I have Nightbreakers in both high and low beam and mine have lasted nearly 3 years and are still going strong.

However, I am interested to hear the opinion on how much brighter DV's are and how much whiter.

Does anyone know what the typical bulb life is on DV's?

Also, why are they brighter and non e marked, are they higher wattage or something as I always thought there was no way to get conventional bulbs any brighter than 100% extra and that the higher colour temp was dimmer on the road.

Last edited by RA108; 20th November 2012 at 09:27.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th November 2012, 09:49
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Car: BMW 125i
I have DV and have done for about 2 years with no problems.

They are terrible for winter though as light output isn't great, I change to Osram Nightbreakers
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th November 2012, 10:49
Tormented by Mods

Car: 2010 1.5 CR-Z CBP Sport
ive bought the osrams now in fact bought a armory of bulbs

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in