she dying - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th May 2009, 01:16 Thread Starter

she dying

I posted recently that I hit the 70k mark. Well 4k later my pour little 2.2 is sounding like a bag of bolts. Everything is still the same performance wise but its ratling that bad friends are saying whats up whit it when i pull up. But dont worry fellow 2.2 owners its had a hard life. Because of the daft miles I do its missed a couple of services and because of the stupid lease companys rules its gets the service its due not what it missed. So at 74k its never had a major service , yep still running original diesel filters etc. The moral ,service on time and never never by an ex lease car. They are never serviced properly but sold with "full service history" dont beleive it ! How would you drive your car with free fuel and free parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th May 2009, 08:42
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,772 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Yikes! 38,000 miles with no service - maybe it would be a good idea to post the reg number up here too....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th May 2009, 09:23

That's so stupid! Why don't you do the service? Is it still running original oil and air filter? If so I don't believe the performance didn't change at all.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th May 2009, 10:18
Supporter

Car: 58 Reg 2.2 i-CTDi SE+,5 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzzr11 View Post
The moral ,service on time and never never by an ex lease car. They are neveer serviced properly but sold with "full service history" dont beleive it ! How would you drive your car with free fuel and free parts
My car is a lease car and i'd be happy to recommend it to anyone on here looking to buy a 2 year old ex lease. Although it's a lease (well personal contract hire for me) I still treat it as if I had bought it with my own money. All the levels and pressures are checked weekly and it will get a service as soon as it's due, even though i'll be paying for it. My dad says i'll probaby hand it back cleaner than when I picked it up. (P.s i'll be happy to post up the reg number and dealer when it is going back).

I say more fool you, or your company for not adhering to the service intervals. My sisters boyfriend runs a 2.2 CDTi as a company car and although he doesn't keep it that clean, it get's what it needs when it needs it and if it's due a service he gets something else to run about in until his comes back.

Expect to receive some charges from the lease company when it goes back to them and they find a list of things wrong with it due to insufficient maintenance.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th May 2009, 17:31
Civinfo Space Monkey

Car: 2008 1.8 SE, NHB.
WHERE'S THE LOVE???

No excuse for driving the car into the grave, even a 99 job at Kwik Fit would be something!!!

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page