Civic Type S GT one week review/comparison. - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ljmem

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2016, 11:40 Thread Starter

Civic Type S GT one week review/comparison.

I've now owned my civic for a week and I thought I'd do a quick review. Now to put things in my perspective I used to own a 09 REG Corsa D 1.2 and I do about 18-20k a year traveling on B roads and the a19

Economy.
Corsa: Driving very very carefully I'd get about 45 mpg average out of a full tank.
Civic: 45-50 driving normally with some occasional hooning. I have seen in jump up to 55 if I drive carefully however.

Comfort.
Corsa: Being in the car for any longer than an hour for me (I'm 6'2) was unpleasant. The seats gave me a bad back and the position made my legs ache.
Civic: Madly comfortable, I mean the sitting position couldn't get any more comfortable. The seat are supportive, there's plenty of room for my legs and the built in footrest is a God sent.

Parking.
Corsa: Easiest thing to park... Ever, it was narrow enough to get into really tight places and the front doors being small (its was a 5 door) made it a piece of cake to get in and out.
Civic: I've had it a week and although I'm starting to get used to the size of it, I'm still finding it tricky to park it especially with the poor rear visibility however its not terrible to park and I'm sure it'll get easier as time goes on.

Overall driving.
Corsa : It was slow and rattled constantly. The suspension wasnt really sporty firm it was simply hard and uncomfortable. However it was fun when you put your foot down and drove it fast (or at least tried to)
Civic: the suspension is very very firm but the weight of the car makes up for it and it's actually way more comfortable than the corsa. Driving it fast and having a bit of a hoon is fantastic fun, I haven't fully familiarized myself with the car so I wasn't giving it everything but it supprised me.

In Car Entertainment.
Corsa: This is where the corsa trumps the civic, my Corsa was the SXI Intouch which gave me a Pioneer F900BT which was a fantastic bit of kit right until the screen got smashed. I then replaced it with a Clarion VX404E Which again was a fantastic bit of kit with amazing sound quality.
Civic: The stock radio is let's be honest appalling quality and it doesn't have an aux port. The sound has no tone to it, however I've since added a Pioneer x8700bt with Android auto, the sound quality is now dramatically improved however it's still short of the corsa so I believe some new Co-Axial speakers will be getting added soon. I was gonna go with Component however I don't want to run an amp.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Farqui and 1066 Boy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 24th December 2016, 01:45

Car: 56 plate 1.8 EX, Silver
Garage
interesting review mate! is your civic a diesel by any chance? I can't get anywhere past 43mpg even cruising at 70mph on the motorway lol. I knew I should have gone diesel. Your car looks great by the way! very clean.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 24th December 2016, 08:16 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

It is mate, diesels are worth it if you do the miles, if you're just driving normally around the doors on short journeys your not gonna get much mpg wise because the engine won't get a chance to heat up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in