2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 Year Old

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DervDriver 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So Friday saw our 2.2 Type S Gt turn 1. So I thought it appropriate to jot down some thoughts on it.

We have managed to cover 15,900 miles in the first 12 months, which is a bit less than we thought, but the arrival of our 1.4 has seen us use that much more at weekends.

In 12 months it has visited the dealer twice. Once shortly after it was delivered for a scratched trim panel to be replaced and for the creaking windscreen cowl to be sorted. The 2nd visit was for what I consider to be a very cheap 12,500 mile service at Blade in Chippenham.

Not once has the Civic let us down, and compared with some of the premium cars we have owned, it has been far more reliable and required less visits to the garage.

The oil consumption has not been too bad and has really dropped off since it was serviced in September. The front tyres are still in reasonably good nick and I would expect them to see 20,000 miles with no problems, although maybe not much more.

The only negative I can say about the car is the state of the front end with stone chips. Our 1.4 2009 Milano car does appear to be withstanding the chips a lot better.

Fuel consumption still isn't great but my partner puts that down to the crawl he has from the M4 into work every morning. The trade off is that the performance of the car can only be described as going like **** off a shovel.

So in conclusion I think it is only fair to say that the car has performed brilliantly, yes i'd like better paint but i've had worse problems with other cars, resulting in them being bought back by the manufacturer. Would I recommend one? Well I think the fact that a 2nd one was bought in September says it all.

See less See more
#5 ·
Good to hear the Type S' are both meeting you're expectations:)

Mine's 2 1/2 years old and recently considered changing.Cost would have been approx 10k plus my car for either a Mazda 3 sport 185 or another Type S 2.2,this time the GT including sat nav.Decided to keep mine(can't really fault it) and see what the next Civic's like.

#6 ·
Glad you're still happy with it.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the first service? Mine will be a year old in February. It's done just over 6000 miles.

Also, did they mention how the brake pads/discs were doing in terms of wear?

Cheers

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.