Scorpion Exhaust - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th April 2010, 15:30 Thread Starter
Shake & Bake!

Car: 02 Lexus IS200 & 73 IMP
Send a message via MSN to CTR_Timmy
Scorpion Exhaust

Well after the recent issues I have had with my CTR the only thing kept me sane was getting my Scorpion exhaust fitted. As I had only a small budget due to a very expensive engagement ring I started to hun for a used sport exhaust for my Civic. After a quick browse on ebay I came across a Full Scorpion exhaust system. I sent the guy an email saying would he take 250 for the system and I would collect. Guy accepted and off to North Ipswich I trundled in my dads estate bmw. When I got to the house i noticed that the decat he said was a Scorpion was a J Performance one which I have already had and taken off so was bit dissapointed. Anyway ended up selling and getting 50 for it!!

Anyway I called TGM and got booked in. Arrived bright and early today (8:15) lol for fitting. Tom has to be the nicest guy going fitted it with a struggle after just over an hour. Because it was used the tail pipes didnt seem to fit and are very close to the edge and i get a small rattle (which cant be heard in the cabin!) but Tom did try his best to sort out (what a perfectionist!!)

So whats it like??

Well on lower revs there is a noticeable change in pitch over the OEM and is deeper. However in vtec no difference over OEM. With regards to performance it picks up better mid range and torque seems to have improved but nothing dramatic.

Conclusion!

I would not buy a used exhaust again after the fitting issue and Tom has informed me that most aftermarket exhausts for the FN2 dont seem to sit straight for some reason. However with my small budget it does the job. I will post a vid and a dyno later on. I am satisfied with it though dont get me wrong. Now off for some more driving me thinks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th April 2010, 15:36

nice write up look forward to the vid
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th April 2010, 16:18
The Property Man

Car: 2007 VW Beetle 1.6
lol

the only exhaust ive seen so far that fits perfect is toda..

anyways you got it on so there..hope you enjoy it

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th April 2010, 16:39
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY

Car: S2000
sadly as we are all too aware, the cost of various aftermarket parts are just ridiculous.

From what you say, there is a small improvement in sporty sound and performance and so it's a good start until you are ready to upgrade to a better exhaust, you never know, another bonus might be around the corner! Take Fat4y's advice, enjoy it and remember, the exhaust needs time to settle in before the tone 'takes shape' properly.

It took a week before my Milltek established it's proper voice.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th April 2010, 17:40 Thread Starter
Shake & Bake!
** Thread starter **

Car: 02 Lexus IS200 & 73 IMP
Send a message via MSN to CTR_Timmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimotherapy View Post
sadly as we are all too aware, the cost of various aftermarket parts are just ridiculous.

From what you say, there is a small improvement in sporty sound and performance and so it's a good start until you are ready to upgrade to a better exhaust, you never know, another bonus might be around the corner! Take Fat4y's advice, enjoy it and remember, the exhaust needs time to settle in before the tone 'takes shape' properly.

It took a week before my Milltek established it's proper voice.
Mine is already been used so wont it already have settled?

I refuse to spend fortunes on the car though

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page