Join Date: 4th July 2006
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First Real Journey
I just thought I would report on my first long drive in my new Civic.
Today we had a trip from Warrington to Scarborough and back again, approx 2 hours each way. It's the longest trip I have done in the car so far since I got it on Monday. Here are a few impressions :-
1. The Rain Sensing wipers are great, we had all sorts of rain on the way home from torrential thunder storms to road spray and the wipers got the speed right 100%, fantastic. It was so strange watching them adjust to the amount of rain and car speed.
2. Average MPG over the whole trip was 46.5, this is with only 400 miles on the clock, so not bad going. Use the cruise control most of the time which really does push up the MPG.
3. No issues with the radio really except for one poor area of reception, but that area was bad in my Beetle as well.
4. I am still getting used to revving the petrol engine after coming from my diesel Beetle. I am sure I will start to rev it more and use the performance.
5. Voice control is a bit hit and miss, but then again I don't know all the commands and they are not listed in the manual.
6. I have a creaking noise from the centre console which will need to be sorted as the car is very quiet and it annoys me.
7. The Climate Control is fantastic, very powerful and really works in the very hot weather.
8. I would prefer something other than velour on the seats as it collects every bit of fluff and crumbs, etc. Leather would be better but was not available on the car coming in to stock.
9. The Boot is VAST, end of story, we could not even fill the underfloor storage today!
10. I think the standard sound system is great, more than up to my requirements. It's clear and plenty loud enough.