Type S 1 day review - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 12:27 Thread Starter

Type S 1 day review

Well, i've had it 24hrs now and all I can sya is I LOVE IT!! Thank God I never bought the Leon FR!

Car is superb...the power available at all speeds is phenomenal. Took it on the M25 last night and was having a bit of a tussle with some idiot in a white van ( not my favourite people after kerbing incident!)...90mph in 6th, just planted my foot and the Type S was gone!

Now that I know how most of the gadgets work, everything is just so well positioned for the driver, like a/c etc. The steering wheel controls are absolutely great. Coaxial speaker sound is the nuts...plenty of bass,crisp and clear sound.

Had a few probs with the radio this morning, as previously discussed on this forum, with interference, but I only listen to Radio 5 so no probs really. and I LOVE the ipod connection...much maligned, but sound quality over my old iTrip is incomparable.

Very comfortable, although I'm about to adjust the seat to a lower setting as I was having to stretch for the pedals a bit...meaning my calf muscles are killing me at the moment!

All in all, best 19k I've ever spent. all the boys at work saw it last night. they'd been taking the p*ss saying I should have got a Type R, and that it was only half the car it could have been....until they saw it with the Blades and Image Pack!! They all want one now!

Happy to help with any questions prospective buyers may have....anyway I'm off to drive it again now...see ya, if ya can catch me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 12:33
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
The sound quality of the ipod link is obviously better than FM, but the point remains it's overpriced, and underspecced from a control point of view.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 13:26
Obo
Rusty Nut!

Send a message via MSN to Obo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozza View Post
All in all, best 19k I've ever spent. all the boys at work saw it last night. they'd been taking the p*ss saying I should have got a Type R, and that it was only half the car it could have been....until they saw it with the Blades and Image Pack!! They all want one now!
This annoys me about other people some of the comments I've had are

It looks like a bumper car
I dont like the glass on the front
Its not as nice as the old shape
the back is stupid looking

I put this down to jealousy as people know I'm buying a car outright no finance worth more than their annual salary now I dont show off about this at all and have never said that, I wouldnt dream of critisizing someone elses new car or new anything come to that!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 13:36

MMM so your were street racing with a white van?

Not really a good idea to admit criminal offences on the interent mate!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 14:40
Definately Female!

Car: 1.8 ES Civic 2012, white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obo View Post
This annoys me about other people some of the comments I've had are

It looks like a bumper car
I dont like the glass on the front
Its not as nice as the old shape
the back is stupid looking

I put this down to jealousy as people know I'm buying a car outright no finance worth more than their annual salary now I dont show off about this at all and have never said that, I wouldnt dream of critisizing someone elses new car or new anything come to that!
You either love it or hate it - I have an irritating neighbour who says he hates it everytime he walks past and sees me, I hate him but I dont keep tellng him - some people are just plain rude.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 16:23 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Not street racing...he was right up my arse,pulled away for my own safety...what would you have done?!! And it was on the M25, not a street.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 16:48

Quote:
Not street racing...he was right up my arse,pulled away for my own safety...what would you have done?!! And it was on the M25, not a street.

You could have slowed down gradually to perhaps around the legal speed limit? considering you said you were doing 90 before putting your foot down you must have been in ban territory after accelerating?

Not clever in traffic
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 17:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Ok,seeing as you see fit to continue this pointless discussion and p*ss on my parade....

FYI, 10.30pm there was NO traffic. Before you decide to cast anymore aspersions on my driving skills, I have no points on my licence and 10yrs no claims..been driving 15years, I think I know what I'm doing on a road.

Please do excuse me for trying to enjoy my first day of ownership of this great car, I'm sure I can't be the first/only person on this forum who has had,on a occasion, a heavy right foot..

Last edited by Lozza; 30th March 2007 at 17:22.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 17:28

Quote:
Ok,seeing as you see fit to continue this pointless discussion and p*ss on my parade....

FYI, 10.30pm there was NO traffic. Before you decide to cast anymore aspersions on my driving skills, I have no points on my licence and 10yrs no claims..been driving 15years, I think I know what I'm doing on a road.

Please do excuse me for trying to enjoy my first day of ownership of this great car, I'm sure I can't be the first/only person on this forum who has had,on a occasion, a heavy right foot..

I think we have a bite!!!!

If you drive at 100mph your licence wont stay clean long ha ha
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanojackson View Post
I think we have a bite!!!!

If you drive at 100mph your licence wont stay clean long ha ha
Leave the bloke alone, it's because of people like you that ruin forums (bloody trolls)

Who are you to comment on other people's driving, where you there?

The chaps says it was quiet and late at night and he has plenty of experience, that sound quiet safe to me, it might be illegal but they are two different things.

I'm sure If I went for a drive with you I would find fault in your driving somewhere , the perfect driver does not exist so people in glass houses should not throw stones

Lozza, enjoy the new car, there great!!!

Jackson, get a life
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 18:40 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks mate, I will...safely!!
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Instructor View Post
Leave the bloke alone, it's because of people like you that ruin forums (bloody trolls)

Who are you to comment on other people's driving, where you there?

The chaps says it was quiet and late at night and he has plenty of experience, that sound quiet safe to me, it might be illegal but they are two different things.

I'm sure If I went for a drive with you I would find fault in your driving somewhere , the perfect driver does not exist so people in glass houses should not throw stones

Lozza, enjoy the new car, there great!!!

Jackson, get a life

I am not a troll matey!

You have got to be careful what you post on forums about law breaking that was my original message!

I have been posting on here for months so I am certainly not a troll!!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 19:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I take your point mate about the law, you could have just put in a different manner..although I am probably being over sensitive as I'm on nights at the mo and have had no sleep for 48hrs. No worries, lifes too short. And yeah, i did bite...you got me!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 19:11

If you didn't focus on negative point and made positive comments they you would not look like a troll.

If you read back have you posted anything remotely positive?
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 19:46

Lozza,

Fantastic that you're enjoying the car.

I've been putting mine through it's paces on the country lanes. It scares me how quickly it gets up to the limit in the low gears.

What are 3-6 for lol?
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 19:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I agree with you about the speed...when the turbo kicks in it certainly goes some! Getting used to having a sixth gear...bit paranoid I'm gonna miss 5th changing down and end up in 3rd with a wrecked engine! It was definitely worth the wait and I'm glad you're enjoying yours too mate!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 19:56
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
No drama posting anything re speed on site, nothing can come of it....However I don't think it is an activity that should be boasted about, ultimately speed kills and is a hiding to nothing. Mods are right to discourage boasting and law breaking.

On a lighter note...Glad you're enjoying the car Lozza, the first few days is superb, you'll start racking the miles up, mostly accompanied by smiles! Unfortunately you had the wheel incident, but accidents and idiots happen! Good luck and health to drive!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 20:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks mate! Don't get me wrong, i wasn't bragging about what a speed demon I am, just trying to describe the power of the thing! If anything, I've really had to be careful because one minute you're cruising along and the next your in loss of licence territory. Very different driving a diesel too, my first time...taking a bit of getting used to,as to where the power is/gear changes etc. That said, after 1 day of diesel ownership, I'm not sure I'd go back to petrol again!
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 20:13
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
Quote:
That said, after 1 day of diesel ownership, I'm not sure I'd go back to petrol again!
I'm the same, the test drive sold me, so much power is underfoot and so easy to access! Diesel has come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years, different style of driving, possibly a better one!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 30th March 2007, 20:47

Thumbs up Type S

Lozza!

thrilled to hear you have your type s now mate,
awesome cars arent they ?
Been travelling between East Grinstead and Orpington most of this week, Ive been covering at another accident repair, was offered to take a company car, but took mine instead , wanted to run it in.
Its been enjoyable driving on the M25 and M20, car really felt at home and ease, very pleasant as a motorway cruiser.
I too unfortunately have suffered alot from tailgaters this week especially from a mad white corsa van man, i was in the third lane shortly after entering the m25, he was some way behind but then decided all of a sudden to go full throttle and virtually go bumber to bumber on my rear, parking sensors went crazy! and I did too.
Didnt want any hassle so switched lanes pretty quickly .
I consider it a type of road bullying and harrasment, theres no need for it, its unnacceptable and above all its dangerous, I see the results each day at work.

One of my only regrets is not buying the diesel, I know exactly what you mean about the pulling power of those things, absolutely awesome. was loaned a 5dr ES 2.2cdti while my sensors were fitted last week.
Glad your enjoying the car chap, blades are a pain to keep clean, keep getting caked in nasty black brake dust, theyve destroyed two of my sponges already! gonna switch to a wheel brush.

Last edited by Alix; 30th March 2007 at 21:05.

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page