First (real) impressions - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th April 2007, 16:57 Thread Starter

First (real) impressions

I’m back again. A little more then a week has passed now, since I picked up my Bluish-Silver “Space Drop”. I thought I should share my impressions so far (in the very unlikely event that someone would be interested ).

I went to the dealer at about 15:00 Friday, March 30. There it was, ready for take off. I had a close look at it, checking what could be checked: Paintwork, lights, parking sensors, motorized windows, the extras ordered, … I basically went through the checklist from this forum plus a few items I added myself.

All in all I used about an hour to go through the car and fix the paper work. The strange thing is I never was that excited about the whole thing. It was more like an everyday thing despite the fact that this would be my first car ever. I guess I was focusing on getting everything right and checking the “status” of the car.

A few hours later I was due for an after work in the city. 30 minutes on the subway from where I live. Of cause, I took the car part of the way (did not want to get in to the center of Stockholm the first thing I do with a new car…). Then, when driving there, the excitement started to “show up”.

It’s been growing for more than a week now. I’ve had it to / from work three days last week. I’ve done a bit of driving in the area these two weekends. All in all approx 375 miles. My conclusion so far: This is a very nice car to drive. It’s very responsive. It does exactly what you tell it to do, when you tell it to do so. Nothing more, nothing less.

I believe I’ve heard what you may call “rattles” once or twice. But that is nothing that bothers me. I’ve been driving for more then one hour at a time with only a few degrees outside temperature and not had any problems with the Climate Control system.

I’ve refueled once so far so I haven’t got any real statistics yet. Looking at the meters I have a fuel economy, when driving to / from work, of about 27 mpg. This is on a 1 hour drive where at least 30 min are stopping-starting-stopping… in rush-hour traffic.

Oh, and I’ve been trying to open the fuel-cap at least twenty times so far. It works every time.

Radio reception of the three major channels in Sweden has been good, even though I’ve experienced some tendencies to bad reception in some places. It’s clear that it could be better but it’s not even close to as bad as others have reported. I guess the big test would be when I go for a long ride on the countryside some time in the future.

So far I’m very, very, very happy with the Civic.

Well - now you know why I haven’t been posting anything for a while… One has to set his priorities, even when the choices are hard to make.

/Christer

Last edited by CSt_Civic; 9th April 2007 at 17:08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th April 2007, 19:20

Sounds so awesome! I really can't wait until I get mine now!

I think I'll just have to stop reading the forum until mine arives. It's depressing me!

H
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 9th April 2007, 19:25 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

When is it due?

/Christer

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th April 2007, 16:12

May 20th.... 6 weeks... that's about 5 weeks and 6 days more than I can wait right now!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th April 2007, 17:06
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Nice report you've written Christen.

I've my car since the 22 of December 2006, 10570 km at the clock (today)
Today was the first time we took the car in Paris (we have to do so and it was a distressing experience !). But each time I step in as driver or even as passenger it is alway a real pleasure. maybe is it because of the design but even if there are some niggles and rattles or even flaws, it is the first car I own with a real and strong personality.

Friday morning I was refueling at the petrol station and the lady who sat in the car close mine, step out look at my civie spoke a few word to her husband. Who shake his head. When I was going to pay he told me " nice looking car sir ! Is it the new Civic ? can we have a look around your car ?" So I spend 15mn with them showing them the car...

By the way what was the first music in your car ?

It is an everyday pleasure to come on the forum to see what's new and to see that others share the same feeling abou their cars... without being obsessed by it

Last edited by l-noel; 10th April 2007 at 17:08. Reason: spelling

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page