first day in 2011 civic 1.4 vtech se!!!!!!!! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 18th April 2011, 20:57 Thread Starter

Car: civic 1.4 si
Thumbs up first day in 2011 civic 1.4 vtech se!!!!!!!!

i picked her up this morning and as i pulled in to honda i saw this silver civic parked up and i thought that cant be mine because it has sports grill and different alloys.i asked him and he said yes.it was mint.apparantly my dealer told me that honda have made this standard on all se models now.the wheels lokk so much better than them 16 inch wheels and the sports grill really does set the car off.ill put some pics on tomoz because just got bk after being out driving all day,
anyways this car is such a fantastic and fun car to drive.it just glues to the corners.i havent put me foot down yet.im being carefull for the first few hundred miles but you can tell that even tho its only a 1.4 engine it does want to go.the engine noise is great.its quiet when you want it and lovely and smooth.the gearbox is lovely and smooth.the sound system is brill compared to my previous nissan qashqai.it drives more like a 1.6 car than a 1.4 car.very impressed.ive heard alot of people complaining about rattles.i dont know if its just me but im sure i can hear a slight rattle on the rear of the car somewhere but neva mind lol!!!!the 90 degree rear doors opening is great for my son getting in and out.the boot is huge.lovely and comfortable to drive.it even had half swade interior too which is lovely.i think i need some matts because bought some but dont fit.i think i need genuine tailored matts.overall i think its a fun,practical,cheap to run car.ok its not a type r engine but its a fun little engine that is enough for me.very very impressed!!!!!!!!big thumbs up for honda for me!!!will post pics tomoz.too dark now lol!!!!!!!! nothing bad to say about my civic really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 18th April 2011, 22:20
The Property Man

Car: 2007 VW Beetle 1.6
My brother just got a 1.4 type s..he loves it and so do i..quite nippy for a 1.4 and very comfortable too..
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 18th April 2011, 22:23
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Car: BMW 125i
Very pleased your happy buddy

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 18th April 2011, 22:36
Supporter

Car: 59 Milano R
told you you would would be similing matey congrats
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 07:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

hahahah.u was rite!!!!.brill little engine.looks really sporty now they have made some minor cosmetic changes.it amazing how something like a grill and some nice wheels can set as car off.it prob has the same amount of power as my old focus 1.6 zetec but the engine dont sound like its gonna blow up when u put ya foot down lol!!!!!ive got to try and drive it gentle for the first few hundred miles.and my son thinks that the start engine button is the turbo lol!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 08:34
-Thor-

Car: 2008 FK2, NHB
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Rciv
Congrats mate! Enjoy your new ride.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 08:39
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 i-CTDi ES NHB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissycivic View Post
hahahah.u was rite!!!!.brill little engine.looks really sporty now they have made some minor cosmetic changes.it amazing how something like a grill and some nice wheels can set as car off.it prob has the same amount of power as my old focus 1.6 zetec but the engine dont sound like its gonna blow up when u put ya foot down lol!!!!!ive got to try and drive it gentle for the first few hundred miles.and my son thinks that the start engine button is the turbo lol!!!
Don't be too careful with her Running in - Civinfo Wiki

Congratulations on your new car - enjoy
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 20:34
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,110 Times in 830 Posts
1} Do NOT be gentle with the engine - read the advice re i-VTEC running in !

2} 'Rattle' at the rear ? - rear seat latch (to the floor) which responds to being taped around the fixed "U" part - or, rear tailgate, where you just need to 'screw out' the rubber stops a bit ...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 21:56

Car: 2011 Civic Si alabaster
I have a Jan 2011 Civic 1.4 Si and have been very happy with it so far. I don't need a powerful fast car (my boy racer days are long gone) and am very satisfied with the low tax, low insurance and low fuel consumption that it delivers. It has plenty of goodies - climate control, computer, low tire pressure warning etc., and the leather seats are very sexy! The 'magic' seats make it one of the most practical load carriers around (certainly in the mid size range). On a recent 350 mph trip I manage 55 mpg, although I must admit I was driving very carefully, although not that slowly. When I rev the 1.4 engine it gives a very throaty roar that lelies its small size. My previous car was a 54 reg. Civic 1.6 Executive and the new 1.4 car doesn't feel any less pokey, but it is not as easy to get in/out of the new car as the old model. The only 'mod' I have carried out is to replace the cigarette lighter with a rechargeable stainless steel LED torch I bought from Amazon - it is very reassuring to always have a fully charged torch available (it also gives off a very pleasing soft blue light whilst charging). My only real disappointment is the rear view vision - what is the point of that silly little spoiler? But I had the dealer fit rear sensors before I took delivery and those big side mirrors help.

Cheers, Geoff
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 23:20
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTS, White
Congrats on the new arrival. Don't forget the pics.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 23:27 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

to be honest i still cant work out how to put them on ive been trying.also why do people blank their reg out and how do you do it?thanks
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 23:39
Race Taxi Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgegeoff View Post
I have a Jan 2011 Civic 1.4 Si and have been very happy with it so far. I don't need a powerful fast car (my boy racer days are long gone) and am very satisfied with the low tax, low insurance and low fuel consumption that it delivers. It has plenty of goodies - climate control, computer, low tire pressure warning etc., and the leather seats are very sexy! The 'magic' seats make it one of the most practical load carriers around (certainly in the mid size range). On a recent 350 mph trip I manage 55 mpg, although I must admit I was driving very carefully, although not that slowly. When I rev the 1.4 engine it gives a very throaty roar that lelies its small size. My previous car was a 54 reg. Civic 1.6 Executive and the new 1.4 car doesn't feel any less pokey, but it is not as easy to get in/out of the new car as the old model. The only 'mod' I have carried out is to replace the cigarette lighter with a rechargeable stainless steel LED torch I bought from Amazon - it is very reassuring to always have a fully charged torch available (it also gives off a very pleasing soft blue light whilst charging). My only real disappointment is the rear view vision - what is the point of that silly little spoiler? But I had the dealer fit rear sensors before I took delivery and those big side mirrors help.

Cheers, Geoff
Whaaat!!!

Honda have really tuned these 1.4 lumps!!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th April 2011, 23:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

fantastic little 1.4 engine!!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 20th April 2011, 00:15
Supporter

Car: 2016 CTR FK2 GT - Milano
Hi, pleased you like you Civic. its a great car that looks superb. Dealers tend to be quite good in trying to resolve rattles, so just point them out.

I'd quite like a go in a 1.4 its the only one I havent driven.

Anyway enjoy many miles of happy motoring.

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in