after two months......my review - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 15th May 2007, 21:45 Thread Starter

after two months......my review

I have my Civic 1.4 i-DSi for two months now and driven 4500km with it and here are my findings so far.

First of all I thought by having a 2007 model I was free of all the bugs which dominated the first series, but unfortunately that was wishful thinking. I have been to the dealers three times now and I have to plan another one. With my last Civic (a 1998 1.8 VTi) I get to the dealer one time a year for my service!

Okay, what has happened so far:
- fuel filler cap! Yes! Amazing after all those problems. Fixed by dealer with the new clip.
- rubber strip above front window replaced under warranty
- left front foglight smashed and replaced again
- knokking sound from suspension when coming down from speed bump or driving through hole. This supposed to be fixed by dealer last week but he find a rubber seal came loose and he never saw that before. He send pics of it to Honda (is it a new bug??) He put the seal back but is already loose again.

Is it all bad news then? No, not at all. I still love the looks and the space inside. It is quiet (except for the odd knocking) and has a perfect MPG (or LPK as we use here in Holland)

But I am dissapointed with the quality Honda is presenting with the new Civic, esspecially after driving two Civics before (1994 and 1998) which were flawless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 16th May 2007, 12:25
Supporter

Hi PeterT,

Did you had to pay for the front fog lights when they where replaced?

Thanks,
Meino
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 16th May 2007, 18:11 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi Meino.

The foglight was charged to me at the enormous price of 208 euros. I am not happy with this at all and I send a copy of the bill to Honda Holland and a letter telling them I will not pay for a design fault. Esspecially with all the various prices concerning this fog light.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st May 2007, 07:18
Supporter

Please keep us informed. Maybe I have to do the same thing. They quoted me 235 euro incl fitting. My car is a lease car, so no problem you think, but because it's not covered by the insurance, I have to pay 'eigen risico', which is around 135 euro. Had to pay it a few weeks ago cause some idiot wasn't able to park and off course he didn't leave a note or something.

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page