clarksons review - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 22:18 Thread Starter

clarksons review

Just been reading j clarksons sunday review on the civic am I right in thinking that clarkson thinks he is the only good driver around and also the most perfect reviewer regarding all cars he hates rover drivers now civic drivers because in his eyes we are all old farts well I have just traded my LOVELY 75 in for this marvelous civic 1.8 SE I think it is just great so all I can say is to him is one day clarkson you will be in the catorgary you seem to have a down on and what will you be driving then the mind boggles as to what so prattle on mr clarkson got me civic and I love it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 22:34
12th June 2006 1.8EX

Re: clarksons review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie.c
Just been reading j clarksons sunday review on the civic am I right in thinking that clarkson thinks he is the only good driver around and also the most perfect reviewer regarding all cars he hates rover drivers now civic drivers because in his eyes we are all old farts well I have just traded my LOVELY 75 in for this marvelous civic 1.8 SE I think it is just great so all I can say is to him is one day clarkson you will be in the catorgary you seem to have a down on and what will you be driving then the mind boggles as to what so prattle on mr clarkson got me civic and I love it...
lennie agree with you completely. As I posted on another thread 'Age is relative' and to-days young guns are to-morrows old farts!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 22:53
..with Superchips please!

Send a message via MSN to Trekker308
Take it easy Lenny! Mr. Clarkson is just a bloke earning a living, and any contentious remark he makes is more dosh in his bank account!

Anyway, I was thinking of having a sticker made up for my Civic saying "My other car is a Yaris" - No???

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 23:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

civic luvley jubbly

woolyciv
as you say todays young guns well that lets him out does'nt it.you know I never thought I would be happy with another car after the 75 just goes to show how wrong I can be Also think this a great forum so helpfull and plenty of feed back must take some photes of the civic and post them getting the hang of the ishift now
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 23:07 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

your right

good idea trekker about the sticker may get one saying I bought this on clarksons recomendation.Display is now telling me I need to fill up in 86miles
dont hink I'll wait till then
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 04:56
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker308
Take it easy Lenny! Mr. Clarkson is just a bloke earning a living, and any contentious remark he makes is more dosh in his bank account!

Anyway, I was thinking of having a sticker made up for my Civic saying "My other car is a Yaris" - No???
At least this is not the Vauxhall Vectra owners club. There's a car that Clarkson really doesn't like.
In a recent eisode he did comment on the next Type-R saying it would be a good car. Then again it was an obvious set up for him to bash a new American car. Can't remeber which one. Basically anything he says should be filtered and not taken too seriously as I'm sure you know. Top Gear is the best motoring show in the world. Period.

Err, sorry. Meant to say "Full stop".
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 22:30

Not sure about Top gear being the "best motoring show in the world".

Near enough the entire program is devoted to reviewing cars few of us will even see, never mind drive (and will never, in our wildest dreams, be able to afford).

As in your face entertainment it excels - but as a general information show it is total pants. It seems to me that the few spots it does do on everyday cars (less than 30K to this show) are only included to keep it under the bracket of 'general interest' and retain BBC sponsorship.

Even taking aside whatever he may think of me driving a Honda (and I do realise that cheap comments make expensive wage packets for journalists), the one thing that would make me think about buying one is the fact that Clarkson wouldn't.

So there!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th August 2006, 05:08
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Here's a link to it in case someone was wondering.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...935705,00.html
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th August 2006, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker308
LOL, oh dear. When my 2.2ES arrives in Sept then, until I sell it, my other car really will be a Yaris! Must be very old at heart (26 physically)!

What's this about the radiator grille being made of glass? He can't be referring to the transparent bit that covers the badge can he? I thought it was plastic.

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page