One week in my CTS... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10th November 2011, 18:00 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 Civic Type S GT 2.2
Talking One week in my CTS...

So far so good!!!
I absolutely admire this car - i thought i would put a mini review together to let you all know how im getting on...

2007 Honda Civic Type S GT

Looks: The looks speak for itself, totally different than other hatches on the road. The car is totally standard at the minute and it's still a head turner! After colour coding, maybe a Type R grill and some other slight modifcations it will be perfect .
I love the Nighthawk Black colour, to be fair i can tell it's going to keep me busy washing and polishing reqularly, but when clean it's certainly worth it. When the lights right it creates a beautiful metallic pearl effect with depths of character. It looks different from all angles and has such a good stance on the road, reminds me of a Stealth Bomber haha! 10/10.

Interior: Amazing interior, brilliant quality materials and the seats are just superb! I was origionally looking for leather but i think the Civic seats are even sportier and really comfortable.
Absolutely lightyears ahead of its rivals in my opionion. Put it next to a 07 Golf or 1series and they just dont even come close in style or adaptability.
Everything is focused around the driver and nothing more than a finger tip/half glance away. Engine start button is sexy!!! There is the odd rattle here and there, but my car has done 50,000 miles so what can you expect. Duel Climate control is excellent & the A/C is ice cool. Quick clear windscreen is brill. Sound quality from speakers awesome & radio signal seems great. 10/10!!!!!!

Performance: I dont think i have said but i do own the 2.2 diesel varient. Only because i do about 200 miles a week, and use the car alot doing short journeys throughout Cornwall (you have to drive everywhere!). It's extremely economical, even when you get a bit heavy with your right foot. I have been pushing the car a little this first week, only because i've never really driven a car with a punchy consistant delivery of torque in every gear, its addictive! Also seems in perfect harmony with the gear box, they work so so well together. Wouldn't say no to a few more broken horses (bhp) though, i feel a remap coming? And to know ill still get 45mpg booting it everywhere makes me even happier!
As for the handling... Amazing, holds the road like glue, it's just so controlled and well poised in and out of bends. Firm yes, but i hate spongy cars you cant trust turning into tightish bends, firm ride ftw! .. 12/10.

To conclude i will say for 9k, you cant get much more car for that money. This particular car has had one lady owner from new, and FSH from the same great Honda dealer - i have warranty and the top spec of cover etc which is also peace of mind.
I nearly bought a Golf Gt Tdi 170. Same money, but 20,000 more miles. And although it was a well balanced, well built great performance diesel, it just didnt have that xfactor so to speak, and i knew it wouldn't give me the same huge cheesy grin i have everytime i walk out my door and into my Civic.

Im certainly a happy bunny!

Anyway, thank's for taking the time to read me blabbing on and im sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes.
Have a look at attached pictures i took tonight on my way home from work. (sorry for mobile phone quality).

Take it easy.
Cappo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0036 (Large).jpg (25.2 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0037 (Large).jpg (33.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0038 (Large).jpg (33.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0039 (Large).jpg (26.2 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10th November 2011, 20:42
Batmobiles Rule ✌

Car: FK8
Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,351 Posts
Nice review, good to see your enjoying your new motor.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th November 2011, 00:03
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 EX, NHB
Hi,

Nice to see you enjoying your new car, I'm in the same boat as you lol. Got the same car in same colour but not a type s, had to buy a 5door 2.2 EX as i've got a little one and my prev car was a 2 door so thats why I changed to a 5dr.

Good review, I agree with you all the way ! Love the car, engine, looks etc etc...

I would love to have bought a type S though, as it would save me loads in making mine look like a type R/S lol.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st November 2011, 10:35 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2007 Civic Type S GT 2.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by abs-civic View Post
Hi,

Nice to see you enjoying your new car, I'm in the same boat as you lol. Got the same car in same colour but not a type s, had to buy a 5door 2.2 EX as i've got a little one and my prev car was a 2 door so thats why I changed to a 5dr.

Good review, I agree with you all the way ! Love the car, engine, looks etc etc...

I would love to have bought a type S though, as it would save me loads in making mine look like a type R/S lol.
I dont have kids as of yet, not that i know of anyway, probably have a few running round somewhere...
Haha!
Could have bought a Type R - but would just get to pxssed off having to go to the petrol station all the time. I also actually prefer the power delivery in the diesel as well, i had a petrol turbo astra bertone before this and that was savage off the mark, but really low geared so there wasn't much mid-range torque. I love travelling at 40mph and knowing i could be at 75mph in a couple of seconds without really having to change gear!
Good thing with the S is that spending 1000 on colour coding, a grill and some few other minor touches will have it looking like a Type R but with an extra 200 miles off every tank of fuel.
Perfect!

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page