Finally Arrived - 125 miles old ;) - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 30th June 2007, 16:59 Thread Starter

Finally Arrived - 125 miles old ;)

Well Car was finally ready to be picked up yesterday (sorry for not posting sooner but was a bit busy ) so went down to my dealer - Barretts Honda in Canterbury.
Car was all ready sitting outside - had a quick look - they made a fabulous job on the parking sensors for front and rear - non-honda but perfect fit/look/placement.

Got my paperwork sorted, a brief -re-run through the car and a Free Golf Umbrella! so drove the car home panicing about pranging it. Took along the Wiki checklist and could'nt find anything wrong with the car.

Got home and read the manual before driving round relatives and friends - hence over 100 miles done already.

Early days but find the car very comfortable - and despite low slung body (and seat full down) you feel like your quite high up.
Car has now feels wonderfull to drive - very responsive - just must remember to change to 3rd before 30!!! over double the power of the car I've been driving for last 8 years (Golf) so it seems like i just breathe on the accelerator and I need to change gear!

Loving the driving position and feel inside the car - and the glass roof makes it feel so open - such a change from the Golf where you feel boxed in. My other half fell asleep last night on the drive back - which is a first when I'm driving

I did choose the Dual cones in the front and the Bassworks subs in the back. Seems I might have got lucky or the solid rear speaker compartments make a hell of a difference - but giving the system a half day of running in - it actually sounds rather good - and whilst I don't expect it to sound near my home system - (Seperates - arcam amp - Castle Severn Mk2's etc.... unusual student - didnt spend thousands on alcohol - but on Hifi) it does sound very good to me - got my bass to +3 and treble to +2 - subs still need running in to condition the rubber for faster cone movement but was still improving last night

All in all spectacularly pleased with the car - just got to change to blue blulbs as per the How too - will have to waiting till my french posting finishes - so should be back around start of August so will update everyone then.

And I Should thank everyone on the site for being so helpfull and friendly
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 30th June 2007, 17:14
Obo
Rusty Nut!

Send a message via MSN to Obo
So you're pleased with it then? LOL

Nice review those first few hours with the car are ace but the feeling stays with you. I still smile at mine in a car park I love it
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 1st July 2007, 11:24

yep you cant beat those first few minutes when you pick it up - i especially remember as it was my first "new" car.

i remember driving it home paranoid i was going to kerb the alloys or something.

when i got it back i set about reading the manual sat in the car - sad i know, but with all those buttons to play with i couldnt resist!

ive now broken the 2000 mile mark since i picked it up in may and i still take a look out of the window sometimes to make sure its still on the drive

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2007, 23:02
Super Moderator

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
Nice one nighthaunt - glad you're pleased
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 08:08
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Nice review of your car.

And I'm sure you will improve your pleasure to drive it !
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 09:19
Harris Tweed

Getting a new Civic is sure to put a smile on your face. As your post so eloquently shows. Congratulations.

Anthony.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 6th July 2007, 09:03 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Well a Quick Update - Car and Myself are now over in Rainy France for the next 5 weeks - and the cars getting lots of admiring comments from my co-workers
Love the switch to KMph setting - mkaes it sooo much easier than trying to remember to read the inside dial with a quick glance - and the civic is sooo smoth on probably the worst raods imaginable leading to the port - so no idea where the comments in magazines about the stiff ride are coming from???
Still extreemly happy with the car - and the sounds got really nice - the subs give added depth to the bass - but not the boom boom boom you would get from a couple of 12" subs - but that wasn't what I was looking for - mind you had someone seriously into their in-car entertainment was quite impressed with what the 6" could do with Dance music.
Alex
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 6th July 2007, 13:36
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Be welcome in France Nightaunt !

Trying to spot another civic is a real sport here !
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 21st July 2007, 17:06 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Well saw a couple of Transporters bringing over a load from swindon to the continent - all NHB not sure what country they were heading too though
Alex
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 21st July 2007, 17:33
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Hope one is heading up north to me!!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th July 2007, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWH View Post
Hope one is heading up north to me!!
Everything comes to he who waits!

Old Honda slogan that!

"Until I was 12, I thought that my name was Shut Up!"

Charles H.

Civinfo > All Civics > User Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page