10g Central Exhaust spare - Page 2 - Civinfo
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 16th August 2019, 12:19

Just found this thread as I've recently bought a 1.5 Sport (centre exhausts) and am considering my space saver options.

Am I right in thinking that the full Honda space saver kit includes the revised floor?

For most of the time I tend to have an old duvet in the boot which protects the floor and is also very good at stopping things rolling around in there. You can even put things between the folded layers of the duvet. My hobby is radio control aircraft so the duvet then unfolds to cover the entire floor when the seats are folded down. It works for me!

Because of this I wonder whether I could make do with using the existing floor which would still rest on top of the raised spare wheel? If so is there a size of wheel that I could obtain that would work instead of me having to buy a new full Honda kit? I'd be happy with a used wheel off ebay as I'm sure it would save me some money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 16th August 2019, 13:52

I use the spacesaver from my 8g. The only drawback is the extra noise from the horrible Primacy 3's.Thats what the large piece of foamy plastic is for.The duvet should be good at sound deadening.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 16th August 2019, 15:28

Thanks for the reply.
Can you (or someone) please tell me what size of wheel/tyre is suitable for the Mk10 1.5 Sport. I presume that whatever size that is will fit on both front and rear wheels?

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 17th August 2019, 12:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireCivic View Post
Just found this thread as I've recently bought a 1.5 Sport (centre exhausts) and am considering my space saver options.

Am I right in thinking that the full Honda space saver kit includes the revised floor?

For most of the time I tend to have an old duvet in the boot which protects the floor and is also very good at stopping things rolling around in there. You can even put things between the folded layers of the duvet. My hobby is radio control aircraft so the duvet then unfolds to cover the entire floor when the seats are folded down. It works for me!

Because of this I wonder whether I could make do with using the existing floor which would still rest on top of the raised spare wheel? If so is there a size of wheel that I could obtain that would work instead of me having to buy a new full Honda kit? I'd be happy with a used wheel off ebay as I'm sure it would save me some money.
I doubt the existing floor would work, even the proper new floor I got isn't hectic due to way the wheel sticks up over the level of the floor itself. I paid €100 for the whole wheel kit incl floor with the car, if you bought the car from a Honda dealer it's shame you didn't try to get it for free as a final sweetener or get at reduced price like me. I pushed for free and he eventually dropped from the full €240 price to €100

Last edited by Sligmagy; 17th August 2019 at 12:58.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 19th August 2019, 17:00
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
The wheel is 16 x 4T and the tyre is
T125/80 D 16 97M

And it fits the front and the back of my car.

Page 790 of the manual refers
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 19th August 2019, 17:41

Thanks for the replies and the wheel size information.

Yes, I'm a bit annoyed with myself for not using the spare wheel as a negotiation point. At the time I was presuming that it would be straightforward to get a used one and without the need to adjust the floor to get it to fit.

I'll have a think about the situation before taking the plunge either way.

Is an option to use a pre emptive tyre sealant allround to reduce the chance of a deflation even when the tyre is damaged?
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 19th August 2019, 20:52
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireCivic View Post
Is an option to use a pre emptive tyre sealant allround to reduce the chance of a deflation even when the tyre is damaged?
No. Don't do that as it gums up the valve and a lot of repairers won't repair it even if it is reparable.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 20th August 2019, 12:05
Supporter

Tyre sealant couldn’t fix this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C19CF1E2-4591-44D8-ACAF-75502CA783AB_1566299116625.jpg (48.0 KB, 15 views)

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page