Brakes ABS Pump - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cosmicma

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 15:09 Thread Starter

ABS Pump

Hi

If I need to get a new ABS pump, is it just plug and play or is there a special procedure that needs to be followed before it will be accepted by the ECU?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th June 2019, 14:08

Should be plug and play. But very rare for these to fail.

Do you have a warning light/checked the what the warning light reads when plugging in? Usually it is a wheel sensor that fails.
Thanks to shakman87 from:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th June 2019, 23:32
Supporter

i went through the labour of changing the ABS pump on a honda accord a few years ago thinking it was knackered

at the time i didn't have an ABS diagnostic machine but i had done a continuity test of each sensor ( the ABS light on the dash was lit up ) and they seemed to read ok so i changed the ABS pump thinking that was the problem.
it wasn't
after re tracing my footsteps it turned out to be an ABS sensor which for whatever reason was now reading open circuit, changed it and the job was done

the moral is before you go to the trouble of changing the ABS pump get it diagnosed properly and be sure what you are changing is the right part
Farqui likes this.
Thanks to cosmicma from:

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 13th June 2019, 17:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks, I've had 3 of the wheel sensors replaced. The only thing that gave me cause for concern was that 2 of them were from ebay and they dodn't have a diode that the originals had. I've taken it to the garage and they could see all the wheel sensors were giving wheel speed reading, so I think they should be ok. They said they got an error relating to the relay but we couldn't find the relay so they think it's part of the pump unit. Do you know if the relay is somewhere else?
It's reassuring to know it's plug and play as one garage gave me a crazy crazy quote and said the dealer would have to do some kind of programming to get it to work.
The problem I have now is the label appears to have come off the pump so I don't have the exact part number. When you replaced yours did you use the exact same part number? Should it be ok as long as the replacement comes from an 8mk 1.8L civic like mine?

Last edited by MikeT4; 14th June 2019 at 07:34.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th June 2019, 08:16
Supporter

i used the exact part number
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th June 2019, 13:35 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

After taking the pump off I have a code 645L5291105 but I don't know how to match this to a part number in this format 57110-SMG-xxxx-M1 which is how it seems to be soled. Any ideas?

Last edited by MikeT4; 16th June 2019 at 13:38.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th June 2019, 15:33 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

So I think the part I need it ether 57110-SMG-G010-M1 or 57110-SMG-E031-M1. Any idea what the difference is between them?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page