2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

ABS/VSA warning light

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Skomaz 
#1 ·
Hi all

I've got the common problem with the ABS/VSA warning light coming up on my car. I know it can't be scanned with a OBD2/torque etc.

My question is, if the light isn't on, will the fault still show up on the reader if I take it to a garage? The warning is on probably 10% of the time. They'll need to know what sensor is knackered (assuming it is the sensor).

Cheers

#2 ·
Hi mate, some codes if not most are stored anyway so once it has come up, it may still show. Not 100% sure about these ones though.

I had the same lights not too long ago and it was my ABS sensor, once that was changed, the lights went off themselves without a need to clear them.

Hopefully it is just something as simple as this for you

Kind Regards
Jason

#5 ·
Changed my suspension and the cv joint fell out (then apart) on the drivers side leaving the hub dangling by the brake line/abs cable. Put it all back together with the new suspension and I now have the same ABS/VSA warning light on the car. Am hoping its just going to be the sensor on the drivers wheel.

They are on amazon at the moment for less the £10 so i thought worth a punt. Not sure on the quality but no way am i paying £170+ from honda! Will update you tomorrow once fitted and leave the link if you are interested.

#6 · (Edited)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MD4ZWQT/ £6.59 for drivers side with prime delivery. Its sorted the error message. Had to take a file to the bit that goes into the hub tho as it wasn't very smooth but for the price i am very happy :) As always, a five minute job took an hour as the old sensor snapped trying to get it out the hub.....then the drill bit snapped...then the long nose pliers bent! Ended up using a screw to screw into the broken plastic and tease it out.

#7 ·
Well I took it in, the garage scanned it and couldn't find any error codes. But I'm wondering if they scanned it when the error wasn't presenting itself as it is intermittent.

Anyone know if I can scan it myself somehow, I have a Galetto cable, would I just need the Honda diagnostic software?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.