Suspension suspension options for Tourer with 1.6 diesel - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 15th December 2016, 13:22 Thread Starter

suspension options for Tourer with 1.6 diesel

I bought my Civic Tourer 1.6 diesel in May this year. So far I have driven 16000km and in general I like my car but... I travel a lot through Germany and at higher speed (over 140km/h) quite often car becomes unstable. In curves or with a side wind it leans to the side, irresponsive steering makes it even worse to keep Civic on the highway lane.
I would like to make the suspension stiffer without lowering it to much. Unfortunatelly after some research I was not able to find almost any spring or coilover option that would fit y car. The only ones I found are the spring kits from H&R, KW or Eibach but in most cases the lowering is around 30mm which I find to much. Eibach option seems to be quite acceptable with 15mm drop in the rear but it still comes with 30mm in front.
Does any know any coilovers option for Civic Tourer 1.6 diesel without significant lowering? Maybe there are other ways to improve handling without investing in a complete coilovers set?
My Civic is not equipped with rear adjastable struts.

Last edited by 4gotten; 15th December 2016 at 15:29.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 6th September 2018, 11:11
Supporter

Car: 2015 Civic Tourer D-TEC SR
Garage
@4gotten what option did you go with in the end? Any update?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 6th September 2018, 11:34 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.e View Post
@4gotten what option did you go with in the end? Any update?
None. I addressed a few manufacturers but none of them was able to provide any solution that would meet my demands.
Thanks to 4gotten from:

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (9G)

Tags
civic , sport , stiff , suspension , tourer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in