Brakes Pad change fail... - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By blinkity-blonk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 26th March 2017, 21:57 Thread Starter

Car: 2015 Civic 1.8 Black Edition
Garage
Pad change fail...

So I changed the rear pads on my Civic last weekend. A job I've done many times before on my old Civic but first on my new one. As I put it all back together I noticed the OS wheel was dragging slightly. The NS wheel wasn't dragging so I figured it was possibly just the handbrake needing a bit of adjustment so, as the light was fading and I was tired, I left it until today to tackle.

I noticed over the course of the week the OSR brake was running hotter than the rest but not too hot to touch (unlike in my old Civic when the caliper ceased solid and I boiled through a set of discs and pads in about a week! lol)

So back out on the driveway today to have a go at handbrake adjustment - eventually figured out where the adjustment mechanism was... Behind the rear panel of the centre console if anyone's interested. Google didn't really seem to know where it was but by process of elimination I found it
After a bit of poking and prodding I decided the handbrake was fine and clicking on full at about 4-6 clicks.

A touch confused at the dragging brake still, I rang my cousin who works for Honda. He pretty much said 'did you align the little nipple on the back of the pad with the recess on the piston?' Pants! No I didn't. So off come the wheels again, out come the pads again and wouldn't you know it there's the nipple squashed up against the piston right where it shouldn't be!

Ok so problem solved... better check the other side... same story. A quick twist of the piston and away we go problem solved, lesson learned and I learned how to adjust the handbrake. Just goes to show even though I'm quite well versed in pad/disc maintenance it is still easy to overlook simple details if you rush things. What a plum!

And as an apology I gave my car a nice wash and wax and filled it with BP ultimate lol
Kremmen and Farqui like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 26th March 2017, 22:01
Supporter

Car: honda civic type s gt red
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jaxckhan
fair play, at least you gave your car a treat in the end

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page