Tyre Choice Recommend these Winter Tyres - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 28th March 2017, 13:52 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2018 1.5T Sport, Sonic Grey
Garage
Recommend these Winter Tyres

Hi All,

A bit late to be of much use to UK members but I wanted to let you know that I can thoroughly recommend the Continental TS860 tyres for the 9th gen Civic.

I've never had winter tyres before this year but, as my job changed to one in Halifax 48 miles away, I thought it best.

Wow, you cant honestly believe how much grip is there and how the back and front just track perfectly, braking is great and no hint of TC light, even when starting on a hill. Even over a snowy run across the Cat and Fiddle road to my parents they were perfect, I was actually being held up by an Audi Q5 Quattro that was making a meal of it.

Then I found this video that explains why -
- Very interesting, not sure what winter tyres these are though

Not the cheapest option but I plan on putting the part worn OEM Michelin ones back on soon so they should last a fair few winters if I just use them for those months, having said that, dry grip is very good too.

Last edited by Nelf; 28th March 2017 at 13:59.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 28th March 2017, 21:02
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
Don't know what make, but the winter tyres we had put on mrs' BMW 1 series transformed the car from the worst winter driver into one of the best. Out in the snow, hills, braking, steering- the car just ate it up. Really does ask the question do we need 4 wheel drive .
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 28th March 2017, 21:47
Supporter

Car: 2015 CTR FK2
Garage
i've currently got nokian WR-a3 and some bridgestone LM32's. good rubber.
since i'm midlands, i'm thinking about going with all season for winter use. we get next to no snow and it's more of a temperature reason why i'm tempted by them; they'll handle down to about -6c and cope with the 10-12c peaks where winter tyres start to struggle.

i've got at least another 2 winters on these Nokian&bridgestones...

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page