• 1 Post By Raeman
  • 1 Post By Kremmen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 20th August 2018, 20:47 Thread Starter
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
Wheel rotation

Sooo! decided to go out tonight and rotate the Rear wheels with the front ones as they've been on some time. Then took off to the garage to do tyre pressures. Immediately the Tyre Deflation warning light came on. So just continued and set the front up with 35psi and the rear with 33psi. Re-set Tyre Deflation system and off I went. Went over to supermarket to get a couple of things and the Tyre Deflation came back on? re-set and off I went and again it came on. Re-set it again then went in and cancelled it. Do you have to drive a set mileage once you reset it?

I also noticed that there wasn't much meat left on both the front and rear pads so they'll be getting changed very soon, is there no wear indicator where they squeal once you get so far down as at almost £56 for fronts, I'd imagine there should be so as to avoid metal on metal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 20th August 2018, 21:04
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
On our 8 gen we had a very slow puncture to one tyre-6psi approx over a couple of months. The tyre deflation warning would then trigger. After topping up the tyre and resetting that would be the end of it till a couple of months later.....

With a new (pair) of tyres, the above tyre now gone, the warning has never so far returned. With the correct pressures to each of the 4 tyres the rolling circumference of each you would assume similar to each other.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 20th August 2018, 21:12 Thread Starter
Ex-Pat Geordie!
** Thread starter **

Eco display
I don't think I had Tyre Deflation warning on the 8G I had, that was a 2007 2.2 ES.. I'll set it again in the morning on my commute to work and see how it fairs on a longer journey..

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 20th August 2018, 21:30
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
My '06 ES did'nt have either. Ours is the facelift ('59 plate). Maybe the 9 gen system is more sensitive.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 20th August 2018, 23:43

Car: 2012 Civic 1.8 se Silver
Nturb..

My tyre monitor tyre a wobbler a while back.
I was sure I had a slow puncture but everytime I checked the pressures they were ok.
I reset mine but it came on again so I turned it off for a while and deactivated it again a few days after.
Itís been fine since.
No idea why it did it as I hadnít had the wheels off.
nturnb likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 21st August 2018, 03:33
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
The manual says 15 miles to recalibrate the TPMS.
nturnb likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 21st August 2018, 07:54 Thread Starter
Ex-Pat Geordie!
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Re-set it this morning on my commute to work and Tyre Deflation didn't come back on so must be sorted now. Another thing I have noticed though is that the factory fitted Michelin that were on the back are bloody noisy compared to the two Good Year I moved to the back.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st September 2018, 11:37 Thread Starter
Ex-Pat Geordie!
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Well, went out to do the rear brakes in the peeing rain this morning, jacked car up, took wheels off and went to loosen the rear calipers. To my surprise they've changed it from bolts to an Allen bolt? It's also the only size I don't have otherwise a special tool required. Has anyone done the rear brakes on the facelift 9G and if so, what size Allen key is required or is a special tool needed. I don't have a comprehensive Allen set and I don't want to buy one either.

Cheers for any help.
Neil.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st September 2018, 12:04 Thread Starter
Ex-Pat Geordie!
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Forget the above. Was in the shower as I was like a drooned rat and remembered it's a brake key you need, after all that remember I bought one hen I had the 8G.. DOH!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st September 2018, 17:49 Thread Starter
Ex-Pat Geordie!
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Did the brakes this afternoon with no probs, my Lazer wind back tool was totally hopeless for the Job so ended up going down to Halfords to get on of those little cube multi windback fittings so did the job great, even got a couple of quid off it with the trade card.

It didn't all end well though. I'd left the locking wheel nut key on the locking nut and by the time I'd came back from my test drive and noticed it had fallen off somewhere. Ordered a replacement from Cox for £19 that included VAT and Shipping so no big deal. Hope I don't get a puncture in between no and the replacement arriving
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st September 2018, 18:39
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
It will be a 7mm allen key, but you probably know that now, lol. I left my locking nut on mine a couple of months back, but luckily enough id only driven up to the lock up to drop off the trolley jack and found it at the kerb.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st September 2018, 19:40 Thread Starter
Ex-Pat Geordie!
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das View Post
It will be a 7mm allen key, but you probably know that now, lol. I left my locking nut on mine a couple of months back, but luckily enough id only driven up to the lock up to drop off the trolley jack and found it at the kerb.
I've got an allen key set but not the size needed to undo the sliders. I was well peeved when I realised I already had the tool as I bought that for my old 8G... The NS piston took a wee while and a bit of effort to wind back but got there in the end, the wee cube with various options on it from Halfords is a great wee tool, nice and compact. Pads I took off had about 1 - 2 mm left so changed them just in time before metal to metal and then it would have been discs too.

Pads I fitted were Blue Print, had the recommended by a couple of people. No way I'm buying OEM at almost £60. I've fitted Eicher in the past but the dust that comes off them is unreal.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st September 2018, 19:49
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
When it comes to brakes just keep an eye on ECP and their 10 times a month 50% off offers. Cant go wrong with Brembo's.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st September 2018, 20:12 Thread Starter
Ex-Pat Geordie!
** Thread starter **

Eco display
I went into ECP today for some grease for the sliders. Online it was £6.79 and with the discount it came to £3.99 and when I got there the on the shelf price was £2.99 so be careful with their sales. I tend to do OEM for engine servicing but for brakes etc, will go with the next best.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page