Brakes Brake Pads, which ones? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th September 2018, 10:04 Thread Starter

What's the general consensus with regards to brake pads? Mine need replacing shortly and wondering whether to stick with OEM or go for aftermarket such as EBC etc. I don't generally drive fast but that being said if there are improvements to be had for little cost then why not.

Important things for me are initial brake bite and feel and also brake dust. Less dust is obviously preferable albeit I do accept that all pads wear and therefore generate dust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th September 2018, 10:58
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Whilst I'm not too concerned about dust as I'll wash it off anyway (Actually, I quite like dusty wheels :P ), I would like some more initial bite - It always seems a little mushy until pressure is firmed up on the pedal.

Only is, The 1.4 Doesn't have much of an offering in the way of aftermarket pads, and for those that do, There seems to be two different sizes listed.

That said, There are plenty for the rear disc as it's the same on the CTR

Found some offerings on EBC Direct:

But they list a seperate 1.4 and 1.4 sport size. Is anyone aware of a difference because I've never seen it mentioned in any of the specifications.

Last edited by Haltamer; 13th September 2018 at 11:05.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th September 2018, 11:25
Earth Dreams :)

Car: 2017 CTR GT
Garage
I'd give EBC a call, they'll ask for your reg and what pads fit don't fit...

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page