1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrHicks

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st January 2019, 00:56 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Regular Civic Tyre Choices

After ~16K of rather inspired miles, The fronts are nearing 4/5mm - I'd like to have some new rubber by the 3mm mark, to avoid careering backwards into the central reservations on rainy days.

At the moment, I've been on the stock Yokohama V105s. I haven't had any issues with them, but as I'm looking at reviews the design now seems to be quite dated, and as much as I like having "JDM AF" tyres, the offerings from Michelin & Continental look quite appealing, and performant.

As I mostly drive for enjoyment, I'm looking for a UHP Summer Tyre; Something along the lines of the MPS4S - I'd quite like turn in, and cornering grip etc. etc., but I'd rather not sacrifice too much in the way of cabin noise and wet grip.

The 225/45/R17 Size is very common, which is nice, saving a few pennies, but it does mean some of the most sportive options aren't available - CSC6's and the like starting at R18 - That said, has anyone tried different tyre sizes on the 17" standard wheels? Perhaps a 235/45? Could open some doors.

That somewhat narrows the selection to PS4's or ContiPremiumContact 6's and similarly positioned tyres - Has anyone had any experience with similar?

A curveball option is AD08Rs - I've heard good things about their wet performance, but I'm not entirely convinced by the tread pattern!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st January 2019, 23:24

I had Yokohamas from new, I'm a high mileage driver so I like to try different things and also move the tyres around to try and wear them out as a set.
For the 2nd set I tried Avon ZV7'S. I've just switched these around after 24k miles and the fronts are on 5mm. So they are wearing well and they're not expensive 72 on black circles in 225 45 17.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 6th May 2019, 17:05

Car: 2014 1.8 SR auto Tourer
Recently had Avon ZV7's fitted on my tourer, grip seems fine and the tyre noise is much better than the Bridgestones (OEM)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10th May 2019, 14:47
Wizard

Car: 2016, 1.6 i-DTEC SR, Silver
Eco display
We've been running on Goodyears Vector 4 seasons for 10+ years now (to my knowledge).
Never had any slips etc, summer/winter.

Corners well, fuel eco is good and tyre noise is okay(ish).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10th May 2019, 18:42
Living the dream!

Thanked 1,199 Times in 1,018 Posts
I had AS3 in this size on the CRZ and they were very very good
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th June 2019, 11:36

Another vote for the Avon ZV7's, seem great and tyre noise is good in my opinion
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th June 2019, 12:45
Supporter

Car: 2014 1.8 EX Plus
I just fitted a set of michelin pilot sport 4s - been giving it some beans in the wet and corners (the bridgestones that were on it were truly awful in the wet with massive understeer even when not pushed) so far I am incredibly impressed by the PS4s. I only needed summer tyres (I have a separate set of alloys with my Nokian winters on) but wet performance in the summer is massively important to me (I live in a very very wet part of the UK lol)

The PS4s are very very well planted IMO when really pushing around the corners & roundabouts in all weather (which is important in the UK ) - I am very well pleased with my choice.
Haltamer likes this.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page