Tyre Pressure Tyre Pressure i-DTEC Hatch, 18 Inch - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th April 2019, 16:17 Thread Starter

Tyre Pressure i-DTEC Hatch, 18 Inch

I've just changed wheels from the standard 17" to 18" (225x40x18). I was hoping to find the tyre pressure in the manual as that is an OEM wheel option size, unfortunately it doesn't list tyre pressure and just says "see door card" which only has pressures for the 17" option.

Can anyone help? I'm assuming that 18" will run at a slightly higher pressure than 17".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th April 2019, 16:58

Honestly, it doesn't matter too much to stick to manufacturers guidelines. For economy i run around 38 psi all round, normal driving i stick to 33psi. Also, the higher the you inflate the pressure the harder the ride will be due to the tyre not being able to flex as much to absorb bumps.

If it helps, the civic type r fn2 which has the same wheel size uses pressures of around 36psi. I believe this is for the 8th gen but should help. https://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.p....2F40_ZR18_88Y
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th April 2019, 17:06 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMZee View Post
Honestly, it doesn't matter too much to stick to manufacturers guidelines. For economy i run around 38 psi all round, normal driving i stick to 33psi. Also, the higher the you inflate the pressure the harder the ride will be due to the tyre not being able to flex as much to absorb bumps.

If it helps, the civic type r fn2 which has the same wheel size uses pressures of around 36psi. I believe this is for the 8th gen but should help. https://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.p....2F40_ZR18_88Y
Thanks, that's good info. I've been having a bit of a search online and it would appear that many manufacturers of other cars use the same pressure for larger diameter rims. When the tyre width increases then it appear that the recommended pressure increases too. My tyres are the same width as before so I'll stick with standard pressures for the time being.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th April 2019, 22:13
Supporter

Car: 2015 white orchid 1.6 dtec
why do people think different sizes need different psi
pressure is the same regardless of size the volume of air is what changes
now some models that use different sizes recommend different pressure but that's more down to performance between the different models

you can try a couple of psi up or down see if you notice a difference

as a rule if your driving fast and hard you lower the pressure a bit as the pressure increases with heat
but for road use your not gonna notice much difference

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (9G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page