Suspension Eibach Pro Lowering Kit - Civinfo
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By Lucas_Doel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th August 2019, 13:29 Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Civic Sport (Facelift)
Garage
Talking Eibach Pro Lowering Kit

So this is my latest mod. A nice subtle 30mm drop at front / 29mm at rear. I haven't done any significant driving since the spring change, but the short around town driving that I have done is already noticeable! The stock springs were 'wafty' before, and in my opinion just a bit too high anyway. These new springs feel tighter, obviously a bit lower, but not silly. A firmer ride yet still just as comfortable as before. I would highly recommend anyone with a 9G Civic to do this! Especially if you own the Civic Sport model - as this adds a nice touch to the model, almost like how Honda should have made it at stock...

If anyone is interested, here is a link to pics of the car BEFORE the spring change;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12z...wR4MAL-oDLmLus

And here is a link of to pics of the car AFTER the spring change;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d9...yludWMvZTuKu5z

So, yeah - go on - do it to your's too! This is still a family car for me, despite the apperance from the outside. I'm 100% happy with the outcome already, and I haven't even driven too far yet! Can't wait for an excuse to go drive it some more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th August 2019, 14:59
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
Just wait for a nice motorway cruise; The feeling of stability at speed is much improved

I must say, when I park next to other 9th Gens without lowering springs, I'm always amazed at how much arch is on show. - Looks ridiculous in comparison!

Whilst I'm here, Which splitter is that? (I've probably asked in the past )
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2019, 11:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2016 Civic Sport (Facelift)
Garage
Yes I've been driving it more now - did a longer run over the weekend and it just feels so right! The stock 9th gen springs are far too soft for the 'sport' model, and sit rather high even if it's a regular 9th gen in my opinion.

The splitters and side skirts are all from Maxton Design btw. They're actually designed for the standard 9g models too, so it's a perfect fit! The only issue with fitting them is having to drill holes in the splitters yourself, and then screwing directly into the car too. It wasn't an easy install for me, but I'm very new to modding cars, so perhaps it's easier for people who do this sort of thing more often...

I'm torn between doing either a engine re-map / Bluespark tuning box for my next mod - but would also like to get some new alloys at +1 size. Having seen other people's cars in this forum, 18" wheels seem to suit the 9g very well. I'm thinking of making the car more 'punchy' first though before changing at the alloys.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 3rd September 2019, 13:12
Supporter

Car: 2015 Civic Tourer D-TEC SR
Garage
car looks great with the eibachs

i've done 20k miles on mine now, really love it at this height and much improved ride/ handling over stock roly poly setup.

yes the car suits 18" wheels IMO
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th September 2019, 15:34
Supporter

Car: 09 milano ctr gt
Looks great.
The eibachs make a great difference.
I've had mine on for a few months and have a wee drop link knock but these things happen.
18s with a lower offset will help it sit perfect.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Brakes (9G)

Tags
eibach , eibach lowering springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page