2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Service Cost

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  redskel 
#1 ·
Discussion thread for Service Cost. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

#3 ·
That schedule does look very small though. I wonder if there are any other checks they need to do at 2 years that are not documented ?

Just changing oil and the filter almost wants you to do it yourself.

#4 ·
Nope - the schedule is the schedule. But there's nothing to stop dealers adding stuff you don't need (these normally appear as brake cleaning, fuel treatment, 121 point safety check and so on).

One owner PMd me to say:

...but thought you might like to know that according to my dealer 1st major service is 75,000 at a cost of £400 approx.
When i booked my car in for service was quoted £290, and was also quoted this by several local dealers, but when went and dropped car off and asked for price was told £140ish. Apparently Honda has changed to titanium tipped sparkies and so doesn't need changing till 75,000, but not all dealers seem to be aware of this. Asked for a price for 37500 and was told this should be about £150 also!!

#6 ·
I have the 75K service next and I'm not sure if this will be the timing belt change as well (2.2 ES)? I'm thinking that if I have to fork out the expense of having the timing belt changes perhaps its worthwhile seeing how much more it will be to have the clutch replaced at the same time. Are they both "Engine out" jobs? The clutch seems fine at the moment but I have had occasional slipping on and off for the last 20K miles (but thats a different thread). Does anyone have examples of cost for the above jobs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.