2009 Aux in - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th January 2009, 18:51 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2012 EX-GT 2.2, Polished Met
2009 Aux in

Discussion thread for the Wiki page 2009 Aux in. Please use this thread only for discussing what should or should not appear in the Wiki article. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12th January 2009, 20:37

i'd like to see information about 2009 4d petrol models and the AUX/USB, since big part of europe gets this model as well in addition to the flying saucer
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 28th March 2009, 12:08

Car: 2008 CTR, Silver
hello guys and girls,

Just a quick question about the new aux in port/usb etc, is this standard on the new 2009 Type R?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th March 2009, 00:30
Super Moderator

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
Details on the MY'09 R seem to be very scarce at the moment - not even sure if the R is getting a makeover at all

(or I've just missed them )
Thanks to TTDegs from:
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th August 2010, 14:50

Car: 06 1.8 EX Black
can this be fitted to older 06+ civics?
If so how much and what is involved?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 3rd August 2011, 21:48
Supporter

Car: 2008 EX 5door, Galaxy Grey
USB (again)

Are there any details on the MY09 factory stereo that would allow comparison to the Y06-08. I'm due to pick up my 58 plate EX tomorrow and from what I can gather from rooting around here, it won't accept a USB input (or Aux for that matter). Having got used to USB and Aux in my old car I would really love to upgrade this one too. The EX does have an iPod adaptor, but from the test drive last week, it didn't play nice with my iPhone.
If push comes to shove I'll buy an iPod off fleebay or the like, but can't find out how well this integrates with the current set up (i don't want to have to rename folders to Honda-1 etc if I can help it).
So, what I'd really like to know is the main diff from the 08 to 09 HU and whether they could be swapped over (if I can find on in a scrappy). I know this is a long shot question, but I have seen some Honda people on here so thought I would ask.
By the way, if you think this is in the wrong forum, pleas go ahead and relocate it

Tia for any pointers

Brett
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 4th August 2011, 07:42
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
It's possible, but expensive... You would need a HU, new centre console with the Aux In/USB Port and as you have an EX the USB loom plugs into the Sat Nav Unit which is different on the newer models, and I not sure that's a plug and play swap... I think you would need new looms too... oh..an your HFT my not work either... that's been ugraded on the new models! All theses bits work together, so just changing one, may upset the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrik64 View Post
Are there any details on the MY09 factory stereo that would allow comparison to the Y06-08. I'm due to pick up my 58 plate EX tomorrow and from what I can gather from rooting around here, it won't accept a USB input (or Aux for that matter). Having got used to USB and Aux in my old car I would really love to upgrade this one too. The EX does have an iPod adaptor, but from the test drive last week, it didn't play nice with my iPhone.
If push comes to shove I'll buy an iPod off fleebay or the like, but can't find out how well this integrates with the current set up (i don't want to have to rename folders to Honda-1 etc if I can help it).
So, what I'd really like to know is the main diff from the 08 to 09 HU and whether they could be swapped over (if I can find on in a scrappy). I know this is a long shot question, but I have seen some Honda people on here so thought I would ask.
By the way, if you think this is in the wrong forum, pleas go ahead and relocate it

Tia for any pointers

Brett
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 4th August 2011, 09:27
Supporter

Car: 2008 EX 5door, Galaxy Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
It's possible, but expensive... You would need a HU, new centre console with the Aux In/USB Port and as you have an EX the USB loom plugs into the Sat Nav Unit which is different on the newer models, and I not sure that's a plug and play swap... I think you would need new looms too... oh..an your HFT my not work either... that's been ugraded on the new models! All theses bits work together, so just changing one, may upset the others.
Ouch!
Guess I'll give that a miss for now then
Thanks for the heads up

Brett

Civinfo > Knowledgebase (Wiki) > Wiki Article Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page