Engine temperature - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 31st July 2009, 08:56 Thread Starter

Engine temperature

Discussion thread for the Wiki page Engine temperature. Please use this thread only for discussing what should or should not appear in the Wiki article. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 3rd August 2009, 16:33
Supporter

Car: 2009 CTR GT , Silver
i have in my ctr this DashDAQ supported EOBD values

and find out that the operating temp is between 85 and 102degrees on the c scale when the thermostat gives the signal for the ventilator to start .

the flactuation in the needle is little and never goes more than 9 o'clock.

i'm gonna look into it better and write what exact reeding i get from my dashhdaq.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 4th April 2011, 00:02
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 i-CTDi, FK3, NHB
With my OBD-Scantool (Obdscope for Symbian+Diamex DX-70 Bluetooth) i found out that the temperature gauge seems to be "lying" quite a bit.

It starts moving at slightly below 50C (48 to be exact) - and reaches its normal position at 60C! Operating temperature is around 80-85C at normal outside temperatures and driving.

The gauge does not tell you that your engine is fully warmed up, just that it is not cold anymore!

This observation was made with a 2.2 i-CTDi, perhaps someone with an OBD-Scantool can check if it is the same for the petrol engines.

Civinfo > Knowledgebase (Wiki) > Wiki Article Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page