Info - getting to the back of the radio - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th January 2007, 20:49 Thread Starter
Stu
Supporter

Info - getting to the back of the radio

Discussion thread for Info - getting to the back of the radio. If you would like to add a comment, click the New Reply button
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th April 2007, 10:48

does anyone know which wires go to which speakers etc from the radio, i am trying to instal a sub but dont know which wires to cut etc.

any help much appreciatied.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th April 2007, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco77harris View Post
does anyone know which wires go to which speakers etc from the radio, i am trying to instal a sub but dont know which wires to cut etc.

any help much appreciatied.
speaker wires colors from http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthr...p?t=277&page=7

Front left + Light Green
Front left - Light Blue
Front right + Grey
Front right - Brown

Rear left + Yellow
Rear left - Brown
Rear right + Blue
Rear right - Orange

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th April 2007, 11:54

thanks for the help
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th August 2011, 17:25

Car: 2008 ES 1.8 i-VTEC i-Shift
If anyone is using this to fit a Connects2 box, I did it easily without taking the top part of the dash off. Unless you have hands like shovels, after following the 'Getting Into the Dash" wiki you can get you hand up the back of the radio and slot the plug with a bit of feeling around. No Carry-On puns intended.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th October 2011, 10:33

Connects 2 box on Civic ES 2008

Hi BodgerX

Just curious, I have a Civic 2008 ES model and am keen to fit a Mp3 Connects 2 box. I was hoping to not disturb the centre console (cigarette lighter and storage area between front two seats) at all. I was planning on following the dension ice link wiki but simply run the lead down by the centre opening cubby hole immediately below the radio.
From your experience, is there enough room to sit the connects 2 box in that area behind the head unit? Is this feasible or is it a case that the console between the front two seats has to come out first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodgerx View Post
If anyone is using this to fit a Connects2 box, I did it easily without taking the top part of the dash off. Unless you have hands like shovels, after following the 'Getting Into the Dash" wiki you can get you hand up the back of the radio and slot the plug with a bit of feeling around. No Carry-On puns intended.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th October 2011, 00:09

Car: 2008 ES 1.8 i-VTEC i-Shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon13 View Post
Hi BodgerX

Just curious, I have a Civic 2008 ES model and am keen to fit a Mp3 Connects 2 box. I was hoping to not disturb the centre console (cigarette lighter and storage area between front two seats) at all. I was planning on following the dension ice link wiki but simply run the lead down by the centre opening cubby hole immediately below the radio.
From your experience, is there enough room to sit the connects 2 box in that area behind the head unit? Is this feasible or is it a case that the console between the front two seats has to come out first?
There might be just enough room there. You might have trouble actually getting it into position though.

Not sure about the rest of your plan - where is the cable ending up? Won't you have to drill something?

Civinfo > Knowledgebase (Wiki) > Wiki Article Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page