Sundaytimes.co.uk review - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th January 2007, 07:43 Thread Starter
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Sundaytimes.co.uk review

Discussion thread for Sundaytimes.co.uk review. If you would like to add a comment, click the New Reply button
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th January 2007, 22:30
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
Its not often I disagree with Clarkson. But an 'oldsmobile'? Young people won't buy it? Perhaps he needs to look at the forum!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th January 2007, 08:15
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Don't forget that the Civic does not have a 5 litre engine. It is not a 'supercar' and it is not really the sort of vehicle you would take on a track day = Clarkson will criticise it till the cows come home.

It's all down to what you want from a car and your expectations. I'm getting the 1.8 i-shift and I know what to expect compared to my current 2.0 6 cylinder conventional auto.

The Civic is futuristic, bold and depending on the level of trim has all the latest 'toys' built in. I'm looking forward to being entertained at a safe sensible speed.

And finally, look at the Ford GT that Clarkson bought a while ago..........it has spent most of its life back in the workshop, how much fun is that ?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th January 2007, 08:58 Thread Starter
Galaxy class starship
** Thread starter **

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
There have been rumours of his wife owning a Civic. Don't know if there's any truth behind it though. He did mention in one episode of the last series that his wife thought i-Shift was rubbish. So who knows. Maybe she's a member here:

They've really liked the old Type-R and I'm looking forward to their review of the new one.

And Top Gear magazine chose the Civic as their hatchback "Car of the year" 2005. I know that Clarkson, May and Hammond have their own COTY awards which are usually given to cars that are more expensive and powerful.

Whatever his motives I think it captures the image of Civics past perfectly. In the UK that is. And Honda was aware of that when they re-designed it so radically. Compared to the new Toyota Auris - which is not that different from the last Corolla - the Civic is refreshing. Honda chose not to change the name of their new car. That might have spared them some of this association with old people. Bold move from Honda in more ways than one.

Civinfo > Knowledgebase (Wiki) > Wiki Article Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page