Fuel filler cap fails to open - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st January 2007, 15:00 Thread Starter

Fuel filler cap fails to open

Discussion thread for Fuel filler cap fails to open. If you would like to add a comment, click the New Reply button
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th November 2007, 16:18

related to auto lock/unlock?

Had my car in the dealership today to have the fuel filler cap release problem fixed. However when I got home and checked - it did not work still. Fuming I rang the dealership up and they asked me to bring it back straight away which I did as they are only about a mile away. I arrived and handed over the keys - they drove it around the back to the workshop and after about 5 minutes the engineer comes around to the showroom to tell me there is no problem - it opens every time for him. Turns out I use the automatic door lock and unlock feature and when you switch the engine off all the doors unlock - EXCEPT FOR THE FUEL FILLER CAP - DOH - Maybe this has been the problem with the fuel filler cap all along. The trick is to press the unlock button on the key before you pull the filler release lever.
Does everyone with the filler release problem use the auto door lock/unlock?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th November 2007, 22:46
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esscon View Post
Had my car in the dealership today to have the fuel filler cap release problem fixed. However when I got home and checked - it did not work still. Fuming I rang the dealership up and they asked me to bring it back straight away which I did as they are only about a mile away. I arrived and handed over the keys - they drove it around the back to the workshop and after about 5 minutes the engineer comes around to the showroom to tell me there is no problem - it opens every time for him. Turns out I use the automatic door lock and unlock feature and when you switch the engine off all the doors unlock - EXCEPT FOR THE FUEL FILLER CAP - DOH - Maybe this has been the problem with the fuel filler cap all along. The trick is to press the unlock button on the key before you pull the filler release lever.
Does everyone with the filler release problem use the auto door lock/unlock?
Its been removed from 07 models!!! Unbelievable I thought. Perhaps this was one of the reasons!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 6th November 2007, 01:13
Supporter

Yea I'm still havin a problem with the ******* thing not opening and I've had the Honda spring mod thing fitted for around a month or two. I've tried adjusting the spring to help open it but it still fails to open on request.

Not got the auto door lock thing activated either. I'm going to take it back to the stealer to see if they can adjust the cable leading from the lever to the filler cap as there doesn't seem to be much tension in the lever..

Flippin annoying as I keep having to go back and forth to the lever when I need to fill up. The bonnet lever has much more tension in the lever and springs the bonnet open not like the filler crap..!

Apart from that I'm still lovin the motor..!! Honest...

Civinfo > Knowledgebase (Wiki) > Wiki Article Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page