Trim rattles - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 26th January 2007, 20:00 Thread Starter
Supporter

Trim rattles

Discussion thread for Trim rattles. If you would like to add a comment, click the New Reply button
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th April 2008, 19:51

Hi,

I just bought a 1.8 Civic Sport, it's just 3 days old now, but i have a very annoying rattle just above the rev-counter. Any idea on how to deal with that ? Is it easy to remove the trim to put something between the plastic and the plexi of the revcounter area ?

***** for any help !!

Greetings,

CivicLover_BE
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th April 2008, 21:50
Supporter

I did it with (quite a lot of) pure silicon spray - it worked. No need actually to dismantle anything, just be careful not to spray it on the windscreen itself (bl**dy hard to remove from glass)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th April 2008, 22:41

Where did you apply the silicon spray ? Do you have a picture of it ?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th April 2008, 23:02
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicLover_BE View Post
Where did you apply the silicon spray ? Do you have a picture of it ?
I've sprayed in all gaps in the dash with silicon spray - the one I used was a "presto" labeled one from OBI (Germany) - I guess any pure silicon spray will do. It's very pleasant to have no rattles in winter, after spraying the dash looked a little too shiny for my taste, but this was temporary. You can use the same spray for rubber sealing in the doors, nice stuff and dirt cheap (I don't remember exactly but I guess the 400 ml tin costs about 4 euros or so).

Oh, and don't spray on your gearstick or steering wheel, it leaves a "slippery" surface for quite some time

Last edited by civicfan; 14th April 2008 at 23:04.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2008, 12:16

Hi, ***** for the info. But i returned the car to the dealer... who fixed it !!! They replaced the whole dashboard trim !! And now... it's rattlefree My sweet ride, rides smooth !!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2008, 23:29
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicLover_BE View Post
Hi, ***** for the info. But i returned the car to the dealer... who fixed it !!! They replaced the whole dashboard trim !! And now... it's rattlefree My sweet ride, rides smooth !!!!
Congratulations - hopefully it stays that way. On the other hand, if they would replace the trim on every Civic with rattles they would go broke in a week
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 9th May 2008, 23:52

I took my CTR back to the dealer last week for my 1000 Kilometer service, and I mentioned the rattles in the dashboard trim. I saw the service tech take the car for a test drive to determine the cause of the rattles. Upon his return, he asked me to join him on the test drive so that I might explain the parameters of when I was hearing the noise.... WELL!!!! Lo and behold, the car never once made a noise driving on rough road surfaces, or whatever......that is, until I drove away from the dealer.... Now the car rattles worse than ever, and I need to take it back. I think that the rattle gremlins in my car are very intelligent creatures indeed........LOL
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th May 2008, 08:34
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-VTEC View Post
I took my CTR back to the dealer last week for my 1000 Kilometer service, and I mentioned the rattles in the dashboard trim. I saw the service tech take the car for a test drive to determine the cause of the rattles. Upon his return, he asked me to join him on the test drive so that I might explain the parameters of when I was hearing the noise.... WELL!!!! Lo and behold, the car never once made a noise driving on rough road surfaces, or whatever......that is, until I drove away from the dealer.... Now the car rattles worse than ever, and I need to take it back. I think that the rattle gremlins in my car are very intelligent creatures indeed........LOL
A red civic type R... I guess I know your problem: you're riding with the devil

Civinfo > Knowledgebase (Wiki) > Wiki Article Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page