2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a little accident last night, where i got bumped from behind. A few light scratches but one of the parking sensor was damaged.

Phoned Honda this morning and this want £200 for a sensor! This is not the full kit but just one sensor and thats not including fitting!

Is there a cheaper alternative?

·
Oook
161 Posts
Well if you got bumped, surely its the other people's fault!?

Which is why they charge so much, like autoglass with windscreens (figure insurance will pay so ramp it up a bit, price wise!). Wouldnit be cheaper to get a new set?

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
The full dolphin micro rear sensor kit cost me £60 and i fitted it myself.
Much cheaper than honda.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the time, i couldnt see the damage so i didnt exchange insurance details just number and reg.

We have been texting back and am waiting on what he wants to do.

The trouble is, my excess is about £200 and if he wants to go down the insurance route, it might not be worth it for me.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,811 Posts
Your excess will not be affected if the other party pays out.

This is where your legal protection kicks in and they often give these to a third party to resolve. If you tell this to the other party they may offer to pay the £200 rather than go through the third party who will ramp up the cost as 'costs'.

I agree that £200 is another Honda parts 'joke' though. Considering getting a complete set of 4 fitted when new is about £400 and that includes labour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts