2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys times are hard, as we are aware, harder at the min for me due to be silly with money and buying things :S

anyhow i need to travel about 15 mile tomorrow to get my brakes changed under warranty , so i have got my last £5 till tmz night, my question is will his be enough, as when i ahve just filled up the gage says 4 mile to empty?

should i be ok as i have just put £5 in???

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
So at the current prices £5 will get you not far off a gallon, so that means roughly 30 miles on normal driving...so you should make it...maybe lol

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Depends how low the tank was before. I usually get around 50 to 70 miles on a tenner. So in theory you should get 25 miles easy. I put a tenner in a few weeks ago when gauge was showing less than 10 miles left and the needle did'nt even move. Your petrol light indicator usually comes on when you have 30 miles left in the tank, so that could explain why your light hasn't gone off.

Do my tints tomorrow and your sorted. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, just wundered why the digital display is still showing 4 miles and not 20?

adam, i would make but im not at home till next friday, :), think il have to wiser with my money hahah

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Sometimes it won't register a change when it is so little, but there will also be a built in safety measure so that evenwhen it says0 miles therewill still be some furl left so should be ok :)

·
-=SBZ=-
901 Posts
Sometimes it won't register a change when it is so little, but there will also be a built in safety measure so that evenwhen it says0 miles therewill still be some furl left so should be ok :)
+1

I've read about this somewhere too. The lift pump and sensor only measure certain ammounts. and you have to put so much in for it to register.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Do you not have a credit card? I'd put a bit more fuel in to be safe. As long as you pay off your bill on time you will won't have to pay interest.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Haha, pity you still didn't have one then. Take your bike in the back just in case you break down ;)

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
guys times are hard, as we are aware, harder at the min for me due to be silly with money and buying things :S

anyhow i need to travel about 15 mile tomorrow to get my brakes changed under warranty , so i have got my last £5 till tmz night, my question is will his be enough, as when i ahve just filled up the gage says 4 mile to empty?

should i be ok as i have just put £5 in???
Really depends what sort of roads your on and how you drive. Managed to get 40mpg out of mine this week which I didn't think possible on a 70mph motorway slep.

But, with a max of a fivers worth of fuel left, I'd be worried about sneezing, accidentally V-tecing and ending up out of fuel.

A gallon is approximately 4.54 litres, thats roughly £6.30. So a fiver is 80% of a gallon these days or about 24 miles if you get 30mpg on average. But you pro have a gallon in reserve as mentioned above so you should make it.

And whatever you do, don't give QuikQuid a call. It will be more than a quid.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Is your car still under warranty ?.
If so, those nice chaps at the AA or RAC ( I never could remember which of the two Honda use ), will bring you a few litres.;)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Wonga.com could help.

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
You need to put ~7 litres in for the fuel gauge to register.

- Also since you are having your brakes done they will want to test the brakes (so you will need more fuel for the dealer to use)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Correct, fundemental issue with the way most modern cars measure fuel in the tank.

Also i got 25 miles out of 0 miles left before

·
TIMMEH!!!!!!
580 Posts
Wonga.com could help.
Yes, great idea.

Im short of cash. Im now going to get more cash. To put me more into debt. Great idea

If your that skint i'll come to edinburgh and pay

1 - 20 of 23 Posts