2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome
(❕) ,,check system"
Now, when I turn on the engine appears for a few seconds a message,, mark, exclamation point in a circle (symbol brake)
and under sign is written,, check system "but after a short time turns off, and when connected to a computer there are no errors -Actually husband checked the same ie self-diagnosis (by shorting two pins) do not know if it's something else that is the same as normal by the computer.
And some 1.5 months ago I was checked by computer and was confusion- low battery, so I exchanged, ...,
Brake Fluid has been proven, the brake pads were exchanged ...
2 mechanics did not solve the problem of what it might be? please advice, for which many thanks in advance
I apologize if I wrote something wrong

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,864 Posts
When the self-diagnostics is performed, is a specific fault condition code actually read?

As said, possibly the battery is low again. Try putting it on charge to see if this corrects the fault condition.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After an exchange battery is fine, the alternator is also well loaded.
self-diagnosis does not show any errors, and mostly,, (❕) check system "appears on a cold engine.
Car overcomes every day about 4 miles (work - home), and the weekend is more,

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
4 miles isn't enough with the under specced battery on the early 8G's IMO.

I would suggest a trickle charger each weekend to top it up. I use a CTEK weekly now I only do 25 miles a week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
,, (❕) check system "

just exclamation mark in a circle and the inscription - ,, (❕) check system "

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi!

My car is in for a repair because of a problem with my EPS.
I talked to the mechanic yesterday, and he showed me that if he flicked the high beam switch, the check system fault went away, and EPS worked again. He said that there was some sort of fault in the wire loom that runs down from the steeringwheel.

Not sure if this helps you in any way, it just fascinated me that it turned out to be the fault in my case. BTW, no fault is showing up on diagnostics on my car either when this occurs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry, I do not really know what you mean .. Could you explain to me? -Thanks
Yesterday we were in the Service Honda checked everything, they said that everything is ok, but still get an error (❕) check system

·
Registered
337 Posts
In my case there was a fault in the wire loom that gave me the same check system sign that you got. But in my case it caused the EPS to malfunction.

The reason i mentioned it was because it was difficult to find the fault, as it was some kind of short circuit in the wire loom from the steering wheel. My mechanic found it out by coincidence, as he flicked the head beam switch, and the fault went away.

But how can they say that everything is okay, if you still get that error message?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts