2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
£400 for extended warranty

hey guys,received letter from honda today rergarding extending my used car warranty,in feb will be 1 year since i bought car,i was told by service manager when i bought car i could extend the year warranty and it would be £250 for the year,he also said it was £340 if i took out the wear and tear option,at the time i said i would wait until nearer the time the 1 year warranty expired,he told that would be no problem as the price is the same .

Now,has the price shot up recently to £400 for the standard warranty without wear and tear or has the service manager got it wrong in my dealers? i was at another dealers last month and they told it would be £250 as well and i asked how much the wear and tear option would be ,they said they had never sold that option and would find out how much it would be and get back to me,not heard anything from them.

I know honda have increased the prices of their fixed price repairs so is the same for the warranties?they do give the option of 10 monthly direct debits of £40 which is so much better than a £400 lump sum.
cheers in advance of any info.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I was given a honda extended warranty in compensation for being sold a defective vehicle. Unfortunately when it came to claiming on it nothing was actually covered.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wifes civic is booked in today for replacement wing mirror motor and squeeky clutch pedal, both being covered by the extended warranty. Check the small print as I don't think body work and trim are covered. My dealer was doing a special promo back in september, I think he said it was normally around £350 back then.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Warrantee Direct for year covering EVERYTHING - £300 for a year (60K 2.2 Diesel coming up 5 years old).

However, I thought it was a waste of money as the AA have now covered my car national recovery with up to £500 repair costs per breakdown covered for £180. Covers most of the essentials anyway.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just had my first MoT and three-year service at Reading Honda. I was given two flyers, one annotated "All Honda Dealers" and quoting £349 for 1 year, £599 for two, £799 for 3. "Only from Reading Honda" the prices were £299, £499 and £679 respectively. All rates included home, recovery, roadside and European assistance. Don't think I'll bother, as I only do 3,000 miles a year and probably won't be further than 60 miles from home. But I'll check assistance quotes from the AA, RAC etc first.

Marlburian

Just glanced at one or two websites for assistance, which suggest that very roughly I can expect to pay £100 and more from the usual organisations, this after a "new member's" discount of a third; presumably after a year the sub jumps up and I switch to to someone else for another discount.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i contacted 2 different dealers and they both do extended honda used warranty for £250,and you can pay it up 0% over 10 months

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got 24 months extended warranty back in December for £450 from the dealership I was purchasing my car from. At the time I was careful to check the terms and conditions because it appears you can get an extended warranty and a Honda care warranty.

See this thread: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/buying...da-happiness-guarantee-extended-warranty.html

In my warranty docs it specifically says it covers ""All Mechanical and electrical components", if it is a listed warranty it will just come with a restricted list of what components are covered.

Just my 2ps worth

·
Registered
47 Posts
warranty

my vehicle is coming out of it's 3 years honda waranty at the end of this month, i have found the extended 3 year waranty varies in price between dealers:

hendy honda (southampton) 3 years £699

honda chesterfield 3 years £625

sb wakefield formerly sb honda £600

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I don't rate the likes of Warranty Direct. I've heard of lots of people getting fobbed off with excuses. Not worth the paper they're printed on in my opinion.
You have to speak as you find but, with my Golf, in one year Warranty Direct paid out, without quibble, for 2 snapped road springs and a £400 repair to the ESP (VW equiv of VSA) system.

In total over £800 for an annual premium of £350 ish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.