2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post so here goes.

The wife has a 54 plate 1.4 Sport, we have had the car about 18 months.
Not sure how long it's been like this but it has a water ingress in the boot and have also found some on the o/s/r carpet. The spare wheel well fills up quite a lot and I have had to get a sponge on it. Thinking about making a drainange hole until I find the source! Anyone else had this before?.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi, first post so here goes.

The wife has a 54 plate 1.4 Sport, we have had the car about 18 months.
Not sure how long it's been like this but it has a water ingress in the boot and have also found some on the o/s/r carpet. The spare wheel well fills up quite a lot and I have had to get a sponge on it. Thinking about making a drainange hole until I find the source! Anyone else had this before?.

Thanks for your time.
Perhaps the car has had a bump at the back and the repair was not 100%? My wifes first one was run into by another driver and we had the same problem as you afterwards, but then took it back to the garage who fixed the problem. Otherwise never had the problem over about 8 years of family ownership.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wet rear

Hi I dont know if this helps, I have had the same problem water in the boot by the spare wheel and wet carpet on my 58 plate sport, took it back to my Honda dealer he got one of the engineers to have a look, found out it is where the roof meet the side of the car under the black stips that run down the roof. They had the car in removed the sealant and replaced it free of charge. It was explained to me that this can happen on the jazz as the body shell is very stiff .
I hope this helps I have not had a problem with mine since
John:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts