2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fun I had yesterday! I must say, it wasn't as easy as I expected considering years ago I used to fit car stereos and fix electrical issues.

I finally got all the panels off and got to the head unit to plug the aux in (20m). I got one of these kits from Amazon and it didn't work... Grrrr...

Car USB MP3 AUX CD Changer Interface for Honda 2.4: Amazon.co.uk: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@41febRuSZ2L

All that to find out it was faulty! Well I took it all out and put everything back to where it should be. My tip is to be patient as it was a bit harder putting back then taking it apart. I did snap one clip in the process but it's thankfully ok!

After doing a bit more research on the options there are, I've opted for a different bit of kit. It's a bit more expensive but I think it will be worth it.

Honda - Aux-in adapter kit [GROM-AUX3-HON] : Carputer-Shop | iPod Car Kits | Aux Adapters

I think it will be worth the extra but I'll keep you posted.

NOTE: Top tip, get a panel tool. You can get them fairly cheap. I'm not sure if Halfords do them but if not, Amazon do a set. Don't just go in there with screw drivers or you'll do damage to your panels. I've seen some nasty ones on YouTube!

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
What fun I had yesterday! I must say, it wasn't as easy as I expected considering years ago I used to fit car stereos and fix electrical issues.

I finally got all the panels off and got to the head unit to plug the aux in (20m). I got one of these kits from Amazon and it didn't work... Grrrr...

Car USB MP3 AUX CD Changer Interface for Honda 2.4: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

All that to find out it was faulty! Well I took it all out and put everything back to where it should be. My tip is to be patient as it was a bit harder putting back then taking it apart. I did snap one clip in the process but it's thankfully ok!

After doing a bit more research on the options there are, I've opted for a different bit of kit. It's a bit more expensive but I think it will be worth it.

Honda - Aux-in adapter kit [GROM-AUX3-HON] : Carputer-Shop | iPod Car Kits | Aux Adapters

I think it will be worth the extra but I'll keep you posted.

NOTE: Top tip, get a panel tool. You can get them fairly cheap. I'm not sure if Halfords do them but if not, Amazon do a set. Don't just go in there with screw drivers or you'll do damage to your panels. I've seen some nasty ones on YouTube!
Not trying to be a smart-ass, but you did press the mode button on the steering wheel to get the aux device working?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts