2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mode Photography
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my car on Sunday morning, turned key and engine warning symbol was displayed on dash, glow if light was flashing but would not start on press of start button. Battery is brand new and strange thing was fan was operating although it was freezing cold and car had not been driven for 10hours.
Called the AA and he did all his checks and gave up saying complete system had shut down and he could not get a fault code.
Towed it to my usual mechanic and he cannot diagnose fault.
Any ideas please???
06 CDTi 70k
Ignition turns on and dash lights up but engine warning symbol is shown & then shows VSA, push button start does not work.

Thanks in advance

Jim

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Isn't there a hidden switch (behind a dashboard panel) on the Civic that sometimes needs to be reset?
I'm sure someone had this problem recently and there's a thread with pictures showing how to access it.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
Isn't there a hidden switch (behind a dashboard panel) on the Civic that sometimes needs to be reset?
I'm sure someone had this problem recently and there's a thread with pictures showing how to access it.
there is indeed but he said the start button is doing nothing? so i guess the inertia switch isn't the problem as the car would still try and start without success .

·
Registered
414 Posts
This might be a stupid question but have you tried disconnecting the battery, leaving it for a few minutes then re-connecting and trying again?

·
Mode Photography
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou for the replies, yes have disconnected battery and left for 10 minutes but no difference.
This has completely baffled my mechanic and looks like next step is to get it towed to Gatwick Honda.
Any more ideas appreciated

Thankyou

·
Mode Photography
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update!
My local garage have told me to take it to Honda as they cannot find the fault, they believe it may be a broken or frayed wire somewhere.

·
Mode Photography
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honda cannot look at it till Monday so getting recovered to Gatwick Honda Monday morning, hopefully they can diagnose the problem!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts