2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm having a few problems with my radio and hoped somebody could help me.....

Firstly, when playing a cd the news keeps interrupting it - it flashes up news on the display in small and large letters and radio 2 comes on - this is all the time and its driving me barmy.. Might be being a numpty here but can't figure how to turn it off.....

Secondly the lights on the radio display seems to work fine when i start the car, then random parts of the numbers start to dim after driving for a short while, it's very annoying.....

Thanks in advance
Tuco

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

It sounds like the radio is set to traffic announcement. Does your radio have a TA button?

The display breaking up is a common fault, unfortunately. The display can be resoldered or replaced, check the How To section for a guide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.....

Yes I have a TA/PTY button, I press this and the TA lights up, but i have it toggled off when the news comes on...

Whilst playing cd's TP is always lit up on the display

When the news comes on TP, NEWS and ST are lit up on the display

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, but im sure TA is off when the news comes on, the only thing on the display when thee news comes on is the time, the a/c the cd details and TP..

What is TP?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Me again....

Ok this thing is officially doing my head in....

All seemed ok - listening to cd - then NEWS flashed up and radio 4 started up, pressed cd button, and 20 seconds later - boom NEWS flashing and radio 4 again - over and over...... At no point over the last few days has the TA light been on....

Even if I am listening to the radio say radio 1 - it will keep flashing NEWS!!!!!!!!

When listening to a cd only the TP light is lit - when it goes over to news TP NEWS and ST all FLash with NEWS on capitals - this is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump...

Anybody any advice on this? is there away to completely reset the radio? I have disconnected the battery without any joy....

Any help would be gteatly appreciated its driving me nuts!!!!!! How do i turn this news off?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I might be wrong but I think you can set TA/PTY to a few different thing. if you keep pressing it when it's not showing traffic/news/weather/tv guide or whatever does it say 'off' or anything?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I have gotten to the bottom of this.......

Whilst the radio is on, press the on/off button for 2/3 seconds, a pip will sound and you will enter an options menu, here you can toggle lots of radio functions.

Toggle number 6 - this will turn news on and off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts