2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought a 07 si sedan and on the way driving on a 4hr to come home when I decided to go 70mph the car engine seem to like choke and the car just like die on the freeway. Pull over and restart it and start again ,drove 55 to 60mph. And it was fine. Got home safe .
Couple day later I refilled the windshield fuild be cus there was none in it when I brought the car drove bout 5 min or so and check light came on and then it did the same thing as it did on the freeway when coming home,it just die and like lost power.
I restart it and drove it home safely but now with check light on ,car seem to be picking up slower than with put the check light.
Went and brought a code reader for the check light and it scan out a P0102 .which I look it up and it saying it was my maf sensor .but I'm not sure due to that would it have cause the car to just die out nowhere? And there this thing call the car going to limp mode? Would my car be going to it and what can I do to fix it ????lmk really appreciate if u can thank u.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
The maf sensor is the unit that tells the engine ecu what fuel and air mixture to inject into the engine in different conditions. If it is faulty it will cause the vehicle to go into limp mode. The only fix is to replace the unit.

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo:

Sorry to hear that you have an issue.

What engine does your car have? We often include this in our profile ;)

When was the car last serviced?

Did you use OEM air/fuel filters?

When was the fuel filter last changed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Farqui- it a K20z3
And I just brought the car so idk bout the other u talk about. But owner did say it was service 2 year ago so that kinda long. Planning to do oil change ,and tune up soon

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Try cleaning the MAF with a specific cleaner, be careful with it tho and let is dry thoroughly before refitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts