2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been asked before, but I cant find a definitive answer to the question,

Are there any changes to the 08MY CTR GT?:confused:

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Not got one but I would say No
having owned Honda's for 9+ years I have got used to their
roll out's and change over periods

The 5 door civic's should be up for a facelift for the 2009 model (Honda normally change the civic every 5/6 years and I would think the Type S and Type R won't be far behind

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I know it's been asked before, but I cant find a definitive answer to the question,

Are there any changes to the 08MY CTR GT?:confused:
Couldn't have looked too hard then :) My CTR GT is an 08 model and there are NO changes! Its too early according to Honda Customer Relations!

Btw I have advised of no changes in all the threads about 08 models!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd expect the only change to be fixing of common issues and faults with a generally improved build quality, as has been the case for the other Civic models.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
its around 2 years before they will facelift

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
There will be changes, but you'll need to look closely
Short of now going over it with a magnifying glass, I cannot find any differences and i've compared it to one with a number of R-00245 and that was a standard CTR from start of March!

No changes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

when i went to my local dealers on sat so my mother could pick up her new CTR GT, we were told that the 08 models have a revised floorpan as the 07 mats would not fit in it tidy, now she has to wait for 08 mats to come in. i think he said the 07 mats where too long.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Hi all,

when i went to my local dealers on sat so my mother could pick up her new CTR GT, we were told that the 08 models have a revised floorpan as the 07 mats would not fit in it tidy, now she has to wait for 08 mats to come in. i think he said the 07 mats where too long.
Mine gets caught under the clutch pedal and they are fitted correctly

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Hi all,

methinks dealer was speaking in forked tongue, making up a reasonable sounding excuse for the delay in getting the mats...

PS - check out the mats on ebay, particularly from the seller 'HoldcroftHonda' :D

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Hi all,

Mines is 08 and its got mats - the mats that are the same the world over btw!

As TT says, send a wee mail to Holdcroft and see what they say. Sounds as if the dealer doesn't have the mats or are trying to get out of giving them as part of the deal, like you might forget! :(

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Well there you go! I do admit that I didn't check the foot rest! But then I was looking for something a bit more in your face :) But the other car I compared it to didn't have type r mats as it is a company car. So never gave them a look

The mats were one of the first thing my Dad noticed, why I don't know. He still goes on about them. Strange man!

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
The 2008 cars have a different drivers footrest. So the mats for both 3 & 5 door cars are different from the 2006/7.

We already have mats in for the 2008 models.
Gaz, will you be offering a replacement for folk who have bought CTR mats off you while waiting for their 08 CTR to be delivered?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Gaz, will you be offering a replacement for folk who have bought CTR mats off you while waiting for their 08 CTR to be delivered?
Well, hopefully if we have done our jobs right, It shouldn't happen :) . Over the last 6 weeks since we were made aware of the change, we have been asking our customers for chassis numbers etc etc so that we can check the build date of their car before supplying them with any mats.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Well, hopefully if we have done our jobs right, It shouldn't happen :) . Over the last 6 weeks since we were made aware of the change, we have been asking our customers for chassis numbers etc etc so that we can check the build date of their car before supplying them with any mats.
Good lad! :p There maybe a few folk who have bought mats more than 6 weeks ago though, but they will hopefully be few and far between

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer just told me the differences in spec between 2007 and 2008 are that parking sensors are standard in 2008, there is a slight difference is carpet in the glove box and mechanism for adjusting the steering is reversed. He didn't mention the foot-rest.

I am quite interested as the 2008 spec Galaxy Grey I had on order for December can now not be delivered until Jan 31st. All they can offer for Dec is a Champagne Silver 2007 model that is from stock at a dealer.

MY wife did not want a silver car - he said it looks more gold, although I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts